Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + benefits
7 days ago
Morson International are working with an exiting telecommunications business as the experience considerable growth and find themselves leading the race to rollout full fibre optic networks across the UK. As part of these works we are now looking for a:
Field Service Manager - Leeds
The role will be responsible for the overall delivery for deploying physical fibre connectivity to the public and private sectors, mobile operators and communication providers across a regional area. Key focus will be providing accurate delivery forecasting for the connections to ensure that the Business and Customer expectations are being achieved. The role will lead in setting the priorities for the region in conjunction with the Design lead and Service teams taking into account all activities required for a successful operation and ensuring that KPI's such as Time, Cost and Quality are being achieved.
* Leading and managing our teams in accordance with our core values, including developing team members.
* Management of multiple work streams for deploying physical fibre connectivity within a geographical area.
* Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal and external key partners and stakeholders aligned with our core values.
* Provide accurate delivery forecasting within Salesforce for delivery of Business connections within in the region.
* Manage and lead a team of Field Service Supervisors responsible for civils and cabling activities to deliver.
* Manage safety performance of both internal staff and contracting workforce (through the contract). This includes ensuring that reporting including quality is correct, trends monitored.
* Review pipeline and working with the Customer Delivery team to identify the priorities within the region.
* Through a close working relationship with commercial, identify at the earliest opportunity risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/ or overhead cost impacting upon the project.
* Responsible as contractual Project Manager (or other equivalent title) in the administration of the Contract in place with all suppliers. This includes preparation and issuing of contractual notices and correspondence as required under the terms and conditions. This will be supported by Contract Management to ensure that all required contractual obligations are met in regards to the company's obligations in administering the contract. This includes ensuring that contractual KPIs and technical specifications are adhered to.
* Provide accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including Risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete to Senior Management.
* Establish, manage and weekly or as required report of project Highlights, Risks and Issues throughout the project lifecycle both internally (within a matrix environment) to the management team and to client stakeholders
* Ensure all completion documentation and as built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and it is checked for accuracy prior to issuing to GIS.
* Ensure that each Service in Salesforce is closed down correctly with accurate information.
* Ensure individual on-line H&S training is completed.
* Comply with ISO Management Policies and Procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Minimum 7 years' Project Management experience gained within a telecoms or utiities environment.
* Proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to multi-millions.
* Strong leadership skills and ability to set good example to others.
* Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders.
* Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
* Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
* Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments.
* Commercial Awareness - understands basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections.
* Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
* Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act (NRSWA).
* Experience of recognised project management methodology.
* Full Clean Driving Licence.
* Proven ability to identify and action add on sale opportunities.
* Experience of CRM systems - Salesforce.
* Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM
* Civil Engineering qualifications
* Fibre Optic qualifications
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.