Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000.00 - £520000.00 per annum + Car
4 months ago
Field Service Engineer - Controls & Automation
£45K - 65K OTE
Door - Door pay including overtime rates outside of regular working hours
Great Overtime rates; Including Double Time and a Half at Weekends
My client is a well-established leading international Packaging and Food & Beverage OEM with a great reputation who are at the forefront of their industry.
The daily duties will consist of traveling to different manufacturing sites across the UK to complete software updates, full manufacturing line installations, maintenance, repair and retrofitting new machinery into existing lines across various plants across the U.K.
Typical customers include various well known FMCG Blue chip clients and smaller SME's.
Experience with the equipment below and similar will be advantageous for any application
- Stretch wrappers
- Case packers
- Conveyor systems
- Inspection systems
- Filling equipment / fillers
The ideal will candidate will already come from a manufacturing or process background as a Maintenance or Service Engineer. E.g. FMCG, Printing, Packaging, Paper & Pulp, Food & Beverage, Cosmetics, Chemicals, Automotive, Water Treatment, Recycling Plant, automated plant.
- The ability to interrogate and understand the language and functionality of programmable logic controllers (PLC's)
- S5, S7, Allen Bradley PLC's experience
- Modifying & Understanding Ladder Logic,
- Variable speed drives,
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent
- Time served Apprenticeship
- Willing to regularly work away from home Monday - Friday
- Must have experience of working in a FMCG environment such as Printing, Paper, Packaging, food & beverage, cosmetics, chemicals, etc.
New employees will be rewarded with
- One of the most competitive packages on the market,
- A company car that can be used for personal use
- World class training from internal and external sources.
- Opportunities to test & trial new technology before it is implemented across the large service team
- Technical support
- Career progression as well as becoming a specialist in their field
If you have any questions or you wish to apply please contact Chris Wakefield at Morson International
FMCG, Food, Manufacturing, Dairy, Brewery Electrical; Electro mechanical; Engineer; Technician; PLC; Allen Bradly; PLC5, SLC500; Controllogix; S5; S7; Dairy; fault finding; programming; Brewery; Fillers; Conveyor; slicers, rinsers, Packing; Bottle blowing; Inspection; Labellers; Inverter drives; inverters; Danfoss FCM; motors; SEW; D.C servo systems; A.C servo systems; AC drives; DC drives; shift maintenance technician; electrical maintenance technician; automation technician; automation engineer; maintenance engineer; ac/dc; ac motors, dc motors; ac drives; dc drives; materials handling; variable speed drives; compressors; hydraulics; compressors; servo drives & motors; motors; pneumatics; hydraulics; Maintenance; Manufacturing; service engineer; maintenance; maintenance engineer; repair; fault finding; Plant Engineering; Electrical; control panels