4 months ago
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the individual will provide in-service support to customers and operators of our customers hydrogen dual fuel and hydrogen fuel cell vehicle conversions. Flexible approach is required from an individual who combines technical, practical and communication skills. The role will be based in Scotland, although will work at all the UK customers sites and includes regular travel to our clients facility in Liverpool.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides on-site, remote, and phone support to installation partners, maintainers and end users with routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and warranty repair needs
* Diagnoses technical issues with hydrogen dual fuel and hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles
* Provides technical support to meet customers' needs, including in-use data assessment and overall championship of the technology with external stakeholders
* Build professional relationships with customers, operators (service and management) and collaborative partners' technical contacts, to build the company's reputation and support its growth ambitions
* Provides technical support for other strategic relationships such OEMs, specialist vehicle manufacturers, body builders and 3rd party maintenance service providers
* Preparation and delivery of training and associated material for drivers, users, and support staff for the technology, as required
* Trains 3rd party maintenance and conversion technicians.
* Maintains working knowledge and expertise in our clients product lines and development activities
* Assists with conversions of vehicles for customers and product development when required
* Provides organised and comprehensive feedback of in-service technical issues to the Engineering team
* Assists Engineering team with Technical Investigations into field service issues
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
* Engineering Apprenticeship, Engineering Degree or HNC together with commercial vehicle or diesel engine diagnostic and repair experience. Relevant experience is more important than qualifications.
* Ideally has HGV driving license
* Electronic engine controls maintenance & repair - 12/24 V systems and Alternative fueled engines experience preferred
* Some experience working with Electric Vehicles could be an advantage
* Ability to read, understand and amend automotive wiring diagrams and technical drawings
* Ability to communicate technical data effectively both verbally and in written form at appropriate level to colleagues, technical contacts, and customers.
* Ability to write and process reports, business correspondence and to assist with written procedures.
* Possess current Passport, or eligible to obtain a Passport
* Willingness to travel abroad for varying periods given appropriate notice
* Must supply own basic hand tools and metering equipment
* Working knowledge and experience with computers and computer based diagnostic tools
* Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team performance
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
* Must be a "self-starter" and perform outlined tasks with limited direct supervision and able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative
* Ability to work independently to develop and implement product support projects
* Must establish and evaluate priorities to assure all tasks are completed to satisfactory performance
* Ability to maintain confidentiality