US$80000.00 - US$90000.00 per annum
8 days ago
5-10+ years' experience and job training in the petroleum refining, oil and gas, pipelines, and chemical plants or similar industries. Must be familiar with the use and care of personal safety equipment. Voltage level for this role is mid- range up to 480 volts. Some design and CAD capability, and then also have some field construction management and or start-up expertise.
A full-blown Electrical Engineering degree while nice to have could be supplemented for experience and/or an Electrical based associates degree.
Must be competent, well-informed and able to perform with some oversight. Field Engineer must be aware of client site specific safety rules including notification to designated personnel when working in their area. Ability to coordinate efforts and identify project tasks to be performed in conjunction with Engineering. Must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and to interface with the client shop personnel, inspection staff, and construction contractors. Must understand and apply all client and safety policies. Able to climb ladders and work in elevated locations.
In addition to the capabilities of Jr Field Engineer,
* Must have extensive knowledge of codes and practices for his/her discipline.
* Must be able to evaluate and submit design changes for validation by the Sr. Field engineer.
* Identify drawing and installation errors which do not reflect client standards or national codes.
* Validate all new equipment matches specifications, data sheets, and purchase orders.
* Ability to mark up and review As-Built prints as needed.
* Ability to work with mid-range voltages
* Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters and displays an enthusiasm for safety
* Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative and accepts direction from qualified sources
* Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team; assists team members.
* Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company's quality standard of acceptability
* Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project with some oversight from senior team members
* Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and reaches acceptable and workable solutions at the current level