Up to £30000.00 per annum
8 days ago
* Bathgate x 5
* Worcester/Gloucester and Cheltenham x 8
* Basingstoke x 6
* Aylesford x 5
Morson International are recruiting on behalf of a provider of superfast broadband, digital TV and the latest full-fibre gigabit internet services throughout the UK.
Due to the volume of work our client is actively recruiting for 24 Fibre Splicers in the locations listed above.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To splice, connect and test all Fibre Optic Cables:
* Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
* Receive job pack from manager and ensure that all the required stores, materials and plans are to hand
* Load vehicle with correct stores for job
* Follow all Health & Safety requirements
* Ensure vehicle is kept in the proper condition
* Comply with customers specification
* Notify Supervisor or Project Manager of any changes or problems to build
* Fully test all work using optical test head and submit results to the office for processing
* Clear all rubbish from site
* Check that all test equipment is calibrated and kept in a serviceable state
WHAT YOU NEED
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards, have a good driving record, and be able to operate company vehicle Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency.
* Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
* Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment such as, Alcoa Fujikura, GN Net Test, EXFO, Fitel, Sumitomo.
* Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between Multi-mode and Single-mode fibres CAT 3 and CAT 5 Riser Fibre optic PVC, riser rated and plenum cable Plenum and PVC environments.
* Must know the universal communications colour codes.
* Ability to work with others and work independently.
* Ability to work in confined spaces.
* Should have asbestos awareness certificate.
Preferable Training/Certifications required:
* NRSWA card
* First Aid
* CSCS/ECS card
* Microsoft excel/word literate
* DBS certificate
* IPAF Certificate
For further information please contact Carlos Costa at Morson International.