Up to £0.00 per annum
7 days ago
* Company vehicle
* Kier Retirement Savings Plan
* Generous annual leave allowance
* Options to participate in Cycle2Work and Payroll Giving schemes
* Two employee Share Scheme options
* Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
* Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping
* Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
* Plus?many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
* Bathgate x 5
* Worcester/Gloucester and Cheltenham x 8
* Basingstoke x 6
* Aylesford x 5
About the Company
At Kier we connect and create spaces and places. Being part of Kier connects you to strategically important projects and contracts, where your skills and expertise will be utilised to positively impact people, communities and the environment for generations.
Kier Utilities keep our telecoms clients' customers connected to superfast broadband, digital TV and the latest full-fibre gigabit internet services through the design and construction of new fibre networks as well as the maintenance of existing HFC networks.
Kier are providing multi-million pound planned and reactive fibre and copper network services across the UK over the next five-years.
With our new growth and ambition to be industry leaders, we are looking for talented, professional and customer centric people to join our team.
With a nationwide 5G fibre build planned over the next 10-15 years, it's a great time to work in Telecoms. Working for Kier you'll be at the forefront of this growing market, providing you with opportunity to expand your skills and achieve your career ambitions within a dynamic and passionate team.
About the Role
To splice, connect and test all Fibre Optic Cables:
* Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
* Receive job pack from manager and ensure that all the required stores, materials and plans are to hand
* Load vehicle with correct stores for job
* Follow all Health & Safety requirements
* Ensure vehicle is kept in the proper condition
* Comply with customers specification
* Notify Supervisor or Project Manager of any changes or problems to build
* Fully test all work using optical test head and submit results to the office for processing
* Clear all rubbish from site
* Check that all test equipment is calibrated and kept in a serviceable state
What You Need
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards, have a good driving record, and be able to operate company vehicle Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency.
* Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
* Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment such as, Alcoa Fujikura, GN Net Test, EXFO, Fitel, Sumitomo.
* Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between Multi-mode and Single-mode fibres CAT 3 and CAT 5 Riser Fibre optic PVC, riser rated and plenum cable Plenum and PVC environments.
* Must know the universal communications colour codes.
* Ability to work with others and work independently.
* Ability to work in confined spaces.
* Should have asbestos awareness certificate.
Preferable Training/Certifications required:
* NRSWA card
* First Aid
* CSCS/ECS card
* Microsoft excel/word literate
* DBS certificate
* IPAF Certificate
We will undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the?selection process. This includes taking up your references, as?well?as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and?your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject?to further pre-employment checks.