£45 - £55 per hour
3 months ago
This role requires extensive experience of fatigue and fracture mechanics processes within a multi-disciplinary airframe development environment and will require the capability to approve fatigue/durability analyses and designs/models for fatigue/durability aspects.
* Plan, estimate and control fatigue/fracture analysis tasks for programme activities within span of control.
* Develop, deploy and integrate fatigue and fracture analysis methods into the wider airframe development activity
* Approve fatigue/fracture methods and analyses.
* Deploy and govern fatigue and fracture analysis methods, processes and data for programme activities within agreed span of control
* Lead and manage the fatigue and fracture analysis team allocated within agreed span of control, deploying mandated people processes as necessary
* Provide a leadership contribution to the management and development of the fatigue and fracture analysis engineering toolset and processes within the Structures discipline
* Provide a leadership contribution to the management and development of the fatigue and fracture analysis team
* Development of fatigue and fracture methodologies in conjunction with, and in support of, the route to airframe airworthiness.
This will also require supporting the structures integration lead in dialogue with the relevant company and airworthiness authorities.