£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + monthly paid, 10% bonus quarterly
5 months ago
Our client in the Chester area has a requirement for a Facilities Supervisor to join the business on a Permanent basis.
The facilities supervisor will provide supervision to the facilities team, including accountability for safety, quality and efficiency aspects, and provide a hands on approach to electrical and mechanical maintenance issues.
- Deliver the day to day facilities operations to the facilities team from the current P-mac system and the facilities works request system
- Own the online facilities works request system and ensure a SMART approach
- Ensure all work areas and equipment within your control are regularly and properly maintained and suitable for use
- Issue contractors with daily permits to work
- Ensure that teams are properly trained and managed to work in a safe, quality conscious and effective way, encouraging the medium/long term development of the team members
- Set clear and comprehensive expectations, confront obstacles and provide meaningful and timely feedback on facilities works requests to customers
- Manage employee relations issues to ensure discipline, and high standards of work and attendance at all times, undertaking performance management activities when required
- Build and maintain positive working relationships within the business, ensuring communications are effective at all times
- Ensure safe working practices are in place and all incidents, accidents and observations are investigated and actions put in place to eliminate or mitigate reoccurrence
- Work within budget constraints set out by the facilities manager
- Experience supervising employees
- Experience of working within an industrial environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Experience of working in a safety management and food environment, with proven record of dealing with safety management systems. BRC/ISO/HACCP an advantage.
- Proven record in people performance management, with evidence of building, managing and motivating successful teams.
- Technical knowledge and understanding to be able to answer team member's questions
- NVQ in Mechanical Electrical Engineering (Or Equivalent)
- Technical awareness - ability to logically diagnose electrical faults, ideally access controlled systems.
- Good knowledge of ISO 14001
- Competent computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with SAP would be advantageous
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist