South West England, England
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Facilities Project Manager - £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Reporting to the facilities director you will be responsible for infrastructure improvement projects within the facilities as defined in the 5 year infrastructure development plan or identified by the business as a new unplanned requirement ensuring that all activities are executed safely, efficiently and effectively to the defined QCD targets in accordance with the overall business plan.
* Ensure that the Site Projects team and Term Contractors deliver operational excellence in accordance with the technical specifications within the agreed budgets, timescales and service levels whilst driving cost savings, improvements and enhancements to the provisioned services.
* Ensure that all work schedules and resource plans are reviewed regularly to maintain currency and accuracy, and manage any deviations from plan.
* Ensure that decisions taken within your department that have an impact on other areas of the business are appropriately communicated.
* Regularly review progress on key tasks, and manage resources and risks to ensure timely delivery.
* Identify and utilise those specialists available to you to research avenues of change to existing technologies and processes where that change might prove advantageous to the business in the development of new, or improvement of existing products and processes.
* Directly liaise with Term Contractors, OEM's, technical specialists, suppliers and distributors to assist with problem solving activities.
* Review developments in new technologies and identify how they might be applied to gain commercial advantage.
* Define work priorities and manage any changes to those priorities resulting from changes to your departmental mission, objectives, and/or priorities.
* Act as the joint responsible person for Pressure Systems in conjunction with the Site Facilities Infrastructure Maintenance Manager.
* Drive strategic and tactical development of the infrastructure improvement plan whilst taking into consideration the human needs of the facilities occupants along with the intended use of buildings and other constructed facilities.
* Define, monitor and maintain Technical Specifications, Service Level Agreements and KPI's for the Site Facilities Projects scope of responsibilities.
* Provide a personal example to your team through your commitment to pursuing and achieving the objectives and targets set for the department.
* Understand, accept, and discharge the obligations placed upon you as a manager, for the general welfare and safekeeping of your staff within their work environment.
* Gain a full understanding of stakeholders perceptions and expectations of requirements and agreed contractual obligations for activities or projects that you and your team are tasked to deliver. Manage the potential consequences of such perceptions and expectations to minimise any risk of misunderstanding or ambivalence in terms of the 'what', 'how', and 'when' you have agreed to supply.
* Support the project engineers to engage and gain commitment from the respective departments and functions where their input or support is required to successfully execute their assigned projects.
* Develop appropriate relationships with and between your staff to encourage a strong team ethos.
* Establish and maintain regular communication activities ensuring a two-way flow of information.
* Resolve any issues that are raised during the course of communications activities ensuring resolutions are fed back to the forum from which they were raised.
In order to apply for this role you will need to have previous facilities management within a complex environment ideally defence or aerospace. You will need exceptional team management. It is essential that you have NEBOSH Construction certificate level.