£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + car + benefits
10 months ago
We are recruiting for a Facilities Manager to be based in Warrington.
Our client are a nuclear business supporting the global civil and defence nuclear industry across new build, operational support and decommissioning markets, with engineering, programme management and technical consultancy.
As part of continued expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Manager for the Warrington site. This is a new role reporting to the Vice President Consultancy & Defence and is required due to continued expansion and future investment projects planned. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, experienced Facilities Manager to create, develop and deliver a best in class service for this diverse laboratory and engineering test facility. The role will work closely with the wider Nuclear business Facilities team who provide soft FM services.
* Leading the development of a long, medium and short-term facilities strategy for the site including developing the plans for new investment projects.
* Leading hard FM (services installations and fabric maintenance) technical service delivery across the Laboratory and Test Facilities
* Delivering an effective asset management programme with routine and preventitive maintenance
* Providing effective leadership to in-house staff and supply chain partners in order to deliver an exemplary service.
* Ensuring statutory compliance for all facilities and building related matters
* Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety, Security & Environmental policies
* Being the point of contact for all local building and FM related matters.
* Proactively managing and reporting all FM related costs, budgets and forecasts.
* Leading on delivery of additional project works - taking the brief from the business, obtaining quotes from Supply Chain, management of execution of works, acceptance and handover to customer
* Ensuring that roles and responsibilities for all statutory, mandatory and business-critical building related matters is in place, monitoring effectiveness and updating as necessary.
* Inputting into and supporting the Company Business Continuity Plan.
* Reporting to Customers on operational performance and taking measures to improve customer satisfaction.
* Managing the interface with wider Nuclear soft Facilities management team
* Relationships with external parties such as the landlord, the local authority and regulators
* Monitoring and managing energy performance
Skills / Qualifications
* Engineering Degree (Mechanical/Electrical/Building Services)
* Safety qualification for example NEBOSH certification or equivalent
* Significant experience of managing and operating at a technical level in a pressurised environment
* Detailed knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements for operating high hazard facilities - for example pressure systems, lifting, chemicals etc
* Ability to communicate well with others, excellent interpersonal skills
* A flexible approach and a sense of team work and collaborative approach
* Financial awareness with a strong commercial/technical focus applied within a large organisation.
* Excellent IT skills (implementation of CAFM, BMS, general applications)
* Contract and supply chain management experience
* Project management and planning experience
* Energy Management experience
Interested? Please send your CV or call me on 0161 707 1516