£27000 - £31000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
8 months ago
Our client is the largest privately owned property company in the UK and they are looking for a Facilities Manager to be based in Swansea.
Reporting to the Soft Services Manager, the Facilities Manager will play a key operational role for managing buildings and the provision of services across the Estate.
- The FM role is a key operational role with responsibility for managing buildings and provision of services across the Estate.
- The FM has direct customer interface with regular visits to buildings.
- The FM endeavours to consistently improve and exceed customer service standards, and working in partnership with service partners to ensure first class service delivery and continuous improvement.
- The FM will operate within a commercial environment and be responsible for cost control and asset investment.
- Compliance with relevant mandatory and contractual requirements
Main duties & responsibilities
- Maintain and work towards exceeding customer satisfaction levels within the portfolio. Create the environment to allow the service partners to provide the services to the highest achievable standard. Identify and contribute to innovative ideas to improve the service delivery and customer satisfaction. Establish and maintain excellent occupancy relationships through co-ordinated personal contact with the customer, on-site staff, and their management.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and robust working relationships with the organisation, eg. Regional FM teams, P&P, Asset, Commercial etc to ensure key performance of service delivery meets business requirements and contractual compliance.
- Employ knowledge of risk management principles to mitigate financial, commercial, political and asset risks to business
- Work order monitoring and management through building systems, reports and trend analysis. Review PMS status, identify work orders which are due and ensure closure within given timescales, manage audits, unavailability and escalated complaints with a view to eliminating financial penalties.
- Resolve to conclusion through effective contract management. Awareness of all commercial requirements within portfolio to ensure contract specific details are implemented an complied with. Minimise unnecessary extra contract costs, monitor charged items for value for money. Ensure financial risks are managed appropriately.
- Ensure the service provision is provided and maintained at all times including outside of normal working hours which will include participating, on a rota basis, in an out of hours emergency service.
- Overall service delivery management of a property portfolio, monitoring and proactively identifying opportunities for efficiency and improvement. Conduct regular formal monitoring of quality standards and identifying areas of poor performance for resolution with Service Partner Management. Complete quality of Service delivery reports in the agreed format and to the agreed timescales.
- Make recommendations and take all reasonable measures to promote good industrial relations. Provide support, direction and management of the working together initiative with Service Partners. As a point of escalation to deal with issues, problems and queries raised on site.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all the users of the premises within the contractual requirements, in line with qualified competencies.
- Sound experience gained from working in a commercial Services environment
- Hold a high level of proven customer focus and customer care skills
- Practice and encourage Commercial Awareness techniques in all aspects of the operations.
- Possess IT Skills in MS Office, time management and organisational skills
- Full current driving licence
- Contract management knowledge and experience gained in service delivery surroundings
- Experienced in Facilities Management including Office Service provisions - 5 years
- Proven line manager's experience of professional staff including performance management, motivation and staff development
- Hands on experience of working as a building or Service engineer
- Management knowledge and experience of contracts involving the use of service partners or contractors
- Experience of budget Management
- Professional qualification or membership of appropriate professional body
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.