£250 - £450 per day
about 1 month ago
6 months +
We are actively looking for a Facilities Manager to oversee the maintenance and operational management of a large shopping centre in Birkenhead.
The role involves delivering high and efficient standards of on site management and care, ensuring the shopping centre is a safe and progressive environment for retailers to trade in and customers to shop, visit and work in.
- Provide accurate and timely compilation of accounting, turnover, trading, car park and footfall and bench marking data for the presentation of monthly reports and documentation for the Landlord and respective parties
- Respond to all customer complaints in a timely and efficient manner and ensure that all situations are given the necessary degree of attention and immediacy to ensure positive retrieval of rectification of the problem or incident.
- Ensure team overall delivers to client satisfaction.
- Overall responsibility for Health & Safety and Environmental Management.
- Foster close and professional relations with all tenants, customers and local stakeholders and aid whenever necessary to resolve problems and answer queries and achieving always high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Monitor tenant trading performance and demonstrate detailed knowledge of turnover figures across the scheme.
- To play an active role in the development of media relations to drive footfall and promote a positive progressive business
- Responsible for ensuring that all invoices within service charge authority levels are presented and approved at the Centre, coded to the appropriate expense code and submitted to the surveyor for counter signature prior to payment by the Management Agents accounts department.
- Responsible for the review and maintenance of all records of staff training and development including preparation and implementation of training programmes for all site staff.
- To drive additional income generation via commercialisation activities in conjunction with appointed commercialisation team and optimisation of net operating car park income.
- Lead, develop and inspire the Centre Management team.
- Strong retail background and understanding and the ability to appreciate different retailers and the challenges they face
- Be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge and approach to addressing the key business challenges facing both the retail market and the Centre faces in the current environment and potential future trends
- A proven track record in managing on site / in-house management teams
- Experience of managing Capital Expenditure and service charge projects
- 5-10 years Management experience gained within a shopping centre/retail environment.
- Demonstrate ability to support change related initiatives and to determine what expertise and resources are required to resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- A detailed understanding of financial management, profit & loss, and IT skills
- Ability to communicate at board room level and contribute to identification and evaluation of potential solutions to the problems based on the facts, assessment of risk and awareness of desired business objectives
- Demonstrate high degree of Technical competence (via degree or recognised diploma)
Please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516 for more information, or alternatively email your CV across