City of London, London
£200 - £250 per day
15 days ago
JOB TITLE: Estates Director
PLACE OF WORK: One Tower Bridge
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Estates Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Such on site staff as may from time to time be nominated but to include the Assistant Facilities Manager
40 hours per week Monday to Friday
To be responsible for the management of One Tower Bridge estate, including car park, cultural centre, retails units and hotel. Ensuring that the management is carried out in a professional and effective manner in accordance with best practice standards and ensuring all legislative requirements are met.
PURPOSE OF DEPARTMENT:
The Estate Director will be directly responsible for the provision of facilities services to the estate to best practice standards defined by the client's best practice working groups and detailed in the client's Facilities Management Best Practice Manual. The Estate Director will ensure that the highest standards of management and maintenance of the estate and servicing to the occupiers are provided having regard to expenditure considerations.
- To liaise closely with the Residential Estate Director and head concierge in respect of the residential element off the development.
- To understand the principal terms of occupier's leases as they affect the facilities management of the estate and the Client's obligations to provide services including clarity on the extent of the common areas.
- To ensure that on-site management of the estate is undertaken in accordance with Client's Facilities Management Best Practice Manual.
- To regularly liaise with occupiers and be the principal point of contact for advice and guidance in connection with the day-to-day physical operation of the estate. Inform Property Managers of any occupier matters that may influence valuation/investment considerations including assistance in monitoring Tenant's compliance with covenants.
- To monitor vacant/void property in conjunction with the client's insurance policy
- Ensure that the procurement of all supplies and services at the property is undertaken in accordance with the Client's procurement program to ensure the highest standards for the best price. This will include the use of accredited Contractors only, usually on the basis of framework agreements, and client's purchase ordering systems. Monitor contractor performance against agreed standards. Review service contracts as appropriate.
- To ensure reactive maintenance and day-to-day service requirements undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Identify and arrange minor planned works
- Prepare site regulations and issue permits to work for all contractor activities on site.
- Establish and maintain high quality health and safety arrangements in accordance with best practice guidelines. To ensure all risks identified in the independent Risk Assessment are properly addressed and to review risks as part of client's audit process and Site Compliance inspections.
- To work with other aspects of the client's Socially Responsible Management programme to include DDA, Asbestos monitoring and Environment and Energy efficiency.
- Assist and liaise with building surveyors/architects/consultants on major works.
- To be directly responsible for junior site-based employees and their assessment, training and development. To advise on staff structures required.
- To maintain, test and implement disaster planning procedures to cover all emergencies. To organise and co-ordinate fire evacuation and bomb drills.
- Establish and maintain proper site records in accordance with best practice rules.
- Be familiar with all heating, ventilating, mechanical and electrical equipment on the estate and have a sound understanding of the purpose and general working of such equipment. To ensure maintenance contracts in place to cover O&M manual requirements.
- Ensure that adequate provision is made for emergency and out of hours cover.
- To assist the Property Management team in the financial management of the property through the preparation of service charge budgets, the monitoring of agreed budgets to pre-defined cash limits, quarterly variance reporting and service charge reconciliation to agreed accounting practices. Also to administer non-recoverable budgets.
- Responsible for routine correspondence using standard documents and templates as appropriate.
- Report to Property Managers in accordance with an agreed procedure, ensuring the Senior Estates Director is kept informed on matters relating to standards of facilities management.
- Any other duties as required by the Senior Estates Director or Property Management team.
- Supervise any staff employed in respect of the on-site management of the property.
- To directly oversee compliance of any other staff contracted to provide services at the property, such as cleaners, security or other operatives.