Our Darwen Client has a requirement for a Facilities Maintenance Engineer.
The Facilities Maintenance Engineer reporting to the Operations Manager will provide a safe and efficient maintenance service across the facility. The aim and responsibilities of the position is to provide a general maintenance repair service to each area with responsibility for the good upkeep of the buildings fabric, relevant plant / equipment, service schedules and that a high standard of work is delivered. You would also also help site management to improve facility / plant efficiency, safety and reliability and to safeguard the future long term serviceability of the facilities.
* Ensure that the requirements of the company's Health and Safety Policy and Procedures are maintained when carrying out maintenance activities and in the areas that are under direct control.
* Carry out internal maintenance activities are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
* Maintain accurate records of all maintenance repairs and service schedules (permit to work, risk assessments and service / planned maintenance records).
* Liaise and support external contractors to ensure that they carry out maintenance related activities are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
* Proactively support site related environment improvement programs by identifying potential energy / waste management cost reduction initiatives.
* Support Group OHSE in the execution of their OHSE responsibilities.
* To carry out unsupervised reactive maintenance repairs, fault finding, installation, servicing, testing and commissioning to a wide range of services, plant and equipment covering electrical, mechanical and building services.
* To carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance to a wide range of Plant and Equipment covering mechanical and building services.
* To work in accordance to all relevant Policies & Procedures, Work Place Regulations, Health & Safety Legislation and best practice guidelines.
* Maintain full communications with Operations Manager with regards to all aspects of the job role and attend regular meetings as required and participation in the objective setting and review process
The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Senior Management.
- Work 37 per week, working Mon - Thurs (7:30-4pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break) and Friday 7:30-12:30
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 1.5 times basic hourly rate
- Sunday: 2 x basic hourly rate.
- Bank Holiday: 1.5, plus day off in lieu
- Statutory pension enrolment 5% employee/3% employer (auto-enrolment after 3 months of employment)
- Simply Health scheme (eligible to claim for health prescriptions/appointments up to a certain threshold again after 3 months of employment)
- free on-site parking
- X2 Basic salary life assurance