£33 - £34 per hour
14 days ago
An opportunity has arisen to recruit a Facilities Engineer on a contract basis.
This is to support the implementation of the various projects, from major equipment installation, machine refurbishment through to the specification and procurement of new or replacement test support equipment which affects a number of areas within the North West UK.
Part of the Manufacturing Engineering Discipline, the Facility Engineers primary objective is to lead a multi-disciplined cross-functional team throughout the full investment lifecycle, including implementation of new production facilities, refurbishment of existing assets and the re-organisation of manufacturing facilities.
This challenging role requires a self-motivated, driven individual with an ability to adapt and perform well within a dynamic team environment. Specific responsibilities will be to manage the definition and acquisition phases of the lifecycle for both new equipment and major refurbishments within the Hard Metal Machining, Carbon Fibre Composites and Machining & Treatments Facilities.
As a Facilities Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
* Leading a multi-disciplined project team through a structured, integrated and safety focused investment lifecycle, facilitating regular project reviews as part of a robust stakeholder management approach.
* Validating business needs and determining effective and efficient investment proposals.
* Compile detailed facility specifications, engage the external market place and lead supplier selection activities.
* Document and seek approval on fact based investment expenditure applications (business cases).
* Install, lead acceptance / commissioning activities and manage production handover of new and refurbished facilities on behalf of the operational customer.
* Develop, design and implement new and improve existing production systems.
* Management of investment activities from a Project Management context including schedule, cost, opportunities, risk and scope.
* Provide an intelligent support service within the business through inherent knowledge of local processes and assets coupled with an understanding of the business environment.
* Effective communication and engagement at all levels within the organisation.
Please apply now for more information