Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £8.92 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
5 months ago
Our client provides facilities management, consultancy, project management and a range of specialist services and they are currently looking for a Facilities Assistant to be based on a site in Birmingham.
- Ensure all operational procedures are followed Follow company ethics, policies and procedures.
- Observe local security measures in line with client policies.
- Sort and deliver mail including bulky mail, recorded, special and courier items to all required locations within the campus.
- Collect and prepare all outgoing mail from required locations.
- Act as a point of contact and advise end users on all aspects of mail and distribution services.
- Telephone and email answering and accurate message taking.
- Follow the correct procedures and soft/hardware are used in the delivery and signing for of accountable items (Pinpoint).
- Engage with and build relationships with end users and client contact.
- Carry out all duties within a timely, professional and polite manner.
- Ensure all mail items are delivered within the correct timescales.
- To assist with all areas of the Mailroom and Delivery team and assisting with larger moves within the site/contract (if required).
- When partaking in the porter duties, all jobs to be actioned within the correct timeframe and closed before they breech.
- When partaking in the porter duties it is your responsibility to check all jobs and close them as well as liaising
with the helpdesk for any queries.
- Attend team meetings and/or meetings as requested by the Senior Management team, Site Manager, Operations Manager and/or client.
- To be flexible in approach to work patterns and systems to maintain the standards required as a Document Management employee.
- Adhere to all procedures regarding the security on site regarding deliveries.
- Adhere to any reasonable management requests from line managers or client contact.
- Adhere to Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures on site and to policies and procedures.
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment
- Computer Literate
- Clear, confident communication skills
- Customer Service orientated
- Team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Full UK driving licence?
- Well groomed at all times
- Good time keeping
- Optimum personal hygiene practices
- Observe the dress code at all times
Please note this is a contract position:
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly