Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £11.21 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
13 days ago
3 months plus
Our client a charity helping millions of people feel happier and healthier by spending more time on and along our canals and rivers are urgently looking for a Facilities Assistant for an initial 3 month contract, with a review to be extended, based at their office in Milton Keynes.
The purpose of the role is to provide day to day front of house and post room facilities support between the hours of 10.00am to 16.00pm for the Milton Keynes Office Monday to Friday.
- To provide Front of House (Reception) coverage for the answering of the office intercom system, to visitors and deliveries to the office.
- To meet and sign for deliveries into the office, record deliveries onto sign for post sheet and distribute to staff upon delivery. Where addresses are not based at MK to email and advise of delivery and agree action to be undertaken.
- To provide post room facilities for the coordination of post room services for the receipt and dispatch of mail, organisation of courier requirements and external archiving requirements and stationary.
- To received Royal Mail deliveries into the office, to sort and date mail received. To identify the correct individual or department and place in the appropriate pigeon hole in the post room.
- Where mail is received and only identified by the addressee the 'Milton Keynes Office' to open mail and identify the contents for the appropriate individual or department within the Trust the contents are related on to.
- This will require not only using Gateway, Outlook and assistance from other departments on site to identify the correct individual the contents for the mail to be forwarded on to within the internal post to the correct individual office location or address. This will at times require contacting the individual be email/phone to confirming the actual recipient within a region of directorate within the Trust and where necessary scanning documentation and forward by email. Ensuring all mail has been identified and forwarded as required for dispatch of the afternoons mail.
- Where opened mail and cheques are enclosed to record cheques received on to spreadsheet record, reseal mail and forwarded onto the appropriate department within the internal post.
- Each day, to sort and make ready, pack appropriately for each office location mail to be dispatched within pigeon holes, to apply address label and frank for dispatch, to collate with department frank mail in tray and bag in post pouch ready for collection for collection by Royal Mail between 3.30 - 4.00pm daily. Where necessary to produce documentation and apply labels to special and record mail.
- Royal Mail collection, to take post down to reception with bar code board for documents books to be signed with items to be collected.
- For control access to key safe and access to keys.
- To carry out weekly stationary stock checks, providing list of items require to be ordered in to FM for approval and order replacement stock to ensure levels are maintained.
- To manage the team shared break areas - this is also a visitor area & should always be kept in good order for supplies and use by colleagues & visitors. Tasks will include maintaining kitchen supplies for daily use.
- In the FM absence from site, to provide first point of contact for the communicating to the FM any facilities related issues to the building, office facilities or services reported to be to deal with during his absence.
- To take monthly photocopier readings for finance and report the information back
- To retain clear records and provide monthly reports to finance on stationery.
- Lunch Break one ½ hour lunch break between 1.30pm and 2.00pm, ensuring intercom cover is provided by other off-site team members daily
Please apply today as an immediate start is available for the right candidate!