Up to £8.90 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
9 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a Facilities Assistant to be based in Porton Down, Salisbury.
Length of contract: ASAP - 07/06/18
Hours: 8AM - 5PM (1 hour unpaid lunch break)
To provide professional and effective service which encompasses stores, handyman and porterage duties within the site operational teams ensuring its efficient and smooth operation.
- To load and unload deliveries
- Source, develop and maintain relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
- Adherence to all EFS and client processes for laboratory conditions
- Contribution to the smooth running of the laboratories by carrying out a range of non project procedures
- Improved and favourable perception of EFS as a business partner
- Ensure maximum stock levels at all times
- Reduced down time due to lack of available stock
- Painting as directed the interior and exterior of areas.
- Repairing any damage to walls and filling in small cracks/holes.
- Repairing damage to wallpaper.
- Carrying out any ad-hoc maintenance requests.
- To ensure that clients are subjected to minimum disruptions whist work is carried out.
- As required assess porterage jobs and complete relevant H&S risk assessments, ensuring all staff undertaking the task are appropriately briefed and aware of their responsibilities
- Sorting, delivery and collection of post across site as directed by the Site Manager.
- Moving of office furniture and equipment, ensuring compliance with manual handling, risk assessments and method statements
- Moving of stores and equipment, ensuring compliance with manual handling, risk assessments, method statements and client specific access permits and equipment move and store procedures
- Reconfiguring meeting and conference room furniture and equipment as directed.
- Carrying out and completion of porterage help desk tasks as requested
- To carry out PPM and reactive tasks as instructed
- Provide assistance to third parties as and when required
- Act upon reasonable requests and instructions from Site Supervisor, Contracts Manager and Client
- Assistance on other sites can be expected
- To work reasonable overtime as and when required
- Previous stores experience is ideal
- Full driving license
- Technical expertise, qualifications in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important pre-requisite of the role
- Knowledge of key operational procedures, e.g. timesheets, planned maintenance systems, Quality, Health & Safety
- Previous experience in a front facing customer service skills
- Sound administrative experience
- Good telephone manner
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and an understanding of a SMMS (maintenance system)
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Flexible will work with other trades
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written formats
- Must be willing to undertake further training
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.