£19000 - £20000 per annum
21 days ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services. They are currently looking for a Facilities Assistant to be based in Abingdon.
Hours of Work: 8:00 to 4:30pm
To provide professional and effective service which encompasses stores, handyman and porterage duties within the site operational teams ensuring its efficient and smooth operation.
Responsible for ensuring delivery and performance of services. Continuous improvement to achieve output driven specifications.
- Operate the glass wash facility and ensure that laboratories glassware is adequately stored, cleaned and in good quantity
- Processing orders and delivery of spare parts, components and lab equipment
- Contribution to the smooth running of the laboratories by carrying out a range of non project procedures
- As required assess porterage jobs and complete relevant H&S risk assessments, ensuring all staff undertaking the task are appropriately briefed and aware of their responsibilities
- Moving of office furniture and equipment, ensuring compliance with manual handling, risk assessments and method statements
- Reconfiguring meeting and conference room furniture and equipment as directed.
- Ensuring the highest focus on Customer Services and assisting with the measurement of service as required
- Stores - collection and delivery of parcels, packages and goods around site
- Completing & Collating paperwork as required
- Receive and action daily reactive work requests - general handy man jobs, item movements, alongside many other general works.
- Providing service within the Laboratories - movements and cleaning of glassware
- Laundry - collection and delivery of lab coats and recording of movements
- Conference and Meeting Rooms - setting up and furniture layouts and movements across site
- Waste Management - movement of rubbish to correct designated areas
- Carrying out and completion of porterage help desk tasks as requested
- To carry out PPM and reactive tasks as instructed
- Carry out minor mechanical works and handyman tasks
- Provide assistance to third parties as and when required
- To work reasonable overtime as and when required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a front facing customer service skill
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Can do, Flexible attitude & Multi-tasking
- Ability to make decisions on own initiative, Forward Thinking
- Fork lift license (advantageous but not essential)
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Flexible will work with other trades
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written formats
- Must be willing to undertake further training
Must be able to make its way to site as no easy transport link available
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrol pension
- Company sick pay
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.