Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £283.00 per day
26 days ago
We are looking to recruit an External Communications Business Partner to work for a large defence company in Crawley on a 6-month interim role to support the Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) business
This role reports to the Head of External Communications and interfaces directly with the Head of Strategy & Marketing for the ISR business to create and deliver 'must win' campaigns. The jobholder will also interface with 'go to market' leadership team and the head of the business.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage and deliver the external communications plan for the ISR business that supports business growth. The role is expected to:
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to key stakeholders
- Deliver the plan
- Contribute to the broader communications communities' priorities
Directly interfacing with the Head of Strategy and Marketing, the focus for this role is on campaign delivery that supports positioning for future growth as well as short term business winning within both domestic and export markets, there will be an emphasis on 'must win' contracts.
The external communications function also encompasses media relations, issue management, non-government stakeholder relations and reputation and brand management, with a mandate to position the company in the UK as a a global technology leader & trusted integrator of future technologies. The post-holder will be required to support the Head of External Communications in these areas as directed.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Strategic business partnering:
- Manage the existing external communications strategy,
- Be able to flex the strategy to support evolving market requirements.
- Be a team player and share best practise across the Communications and ISR community
Campaign planning and delivery:
- Create and deliver campaigns that enhance brand awareness, salience, positioning and propensity to purchase company products and services in targeted markets.
- Strengthen brand awareness in the defence sector and with key stakeholders and influencers
- Manage and prioritise multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain external stakeholder feedback loops and measurement
- Ensure that campaign deliverables align to the wider UK, Sector, GBU and BL comms activities
- Work proactively with targeted journalists and other external stakeholders to successfully manage the brand and reputation for key technologies and services in targeted markets.
- Work with the digital team to ensure the ISR narrative has appropriate online visibility
The successful candidate will have a willingness to work in one aligned multi-functional Communications team with a common vision and purpose. You will have demonstrable knowledge of and experience of successfully working in the designated sector in an external communications, marketing or sales role. You will be involved in annual rolling campaign strategy development along with creation of supporting annual delivery programmes that mould GBU, UK, CBU, Domain and BL campaign requirements and activity, ensuring timely, on budget delivery. You will have proven news content writing ability for print and digital media. You will have strong, demonstrable project and budget management skills and strong team working and best practise sharing skills. Communications tool development. Internal communications functional awareness would be an advantage.
- Communications management
- Knowledge of the defence sector
- Demonstrable experience of understanding business requirements and translating these requirements into an annual rolling external communications strategy and implementation programme that supports (and flexes with) these requirements.
- Ability to deliver within an allocated budget.
- Proven ability to recognise a newsworthy story and deploy the relevant tactics to optimise its impact.
- Shape solutions out of complexity.
- Be ambitious and accountable.
- Perform through cooperation.
- Influence key stakeholders.
- Engage and develop teams.
- Manage self.
The successful candidate will have a Post graduate level qualification or equivalent and be able to show evidence of continuous professional development. A Communications and/or Marketing Post Graduate qualification would be an advantage.
Please note this role has been deemed Inside IR35.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Marketing; Events Management; Branding; Advertising; Content Creation; Promotion; Budget Management; Awards; Project Management; Stakeholder Management; Communications; Media; External Communications; CIPR