Export Control Officer - Investigations)
Purpose of role:
To understand, apply and implement robust Investigative practices, ensuring compliance with Export Control regulations, company Policy and Processes.
To help ensure that the business and Export Control Function properly assess, monitor and manage suspected and actual non-compliance activity.
Key Technical Skills
- Ability to conduct effective investigations.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness of approach, and excellent record keeping.
- Solid foundation of IT use and applications.
- Experience in root cause analysis and make recommendations to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to manage several issues simultaneously and prioritise time accordingly.
- Ability to react quickly and work to tight deadlines.
- Self-directed with strong organisational skills and methodical approach to provide practical solutions to complex issues
- Familiar with Risk mitigation and management.
Key Leadership/People Mgmt. Skills
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills with the ability to present technical and complex concepts to a wide audience.
- Application of high ethical standards.
- Builds relationships with stakeholders to gain trust and mutual respect.
- Clear communication skills.
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills to ensure timely and effective delivery of services & compliance.
- Strength of Character.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills
- Good people and communication skills.
- Collaborative skills, team player.
Key Mental/Analytical Skills and Challenges
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and information from a wide range of sources.
- Ability to present management information.
- Good judgement, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to forge partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Good industry knowledge and practices regarding investigative activities and risk management.
Degree preferable and/or 2 year minimal equivalent business expertise.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Lead (assigned) Export Control Functional Investigations.
- Be a focal point of contact for day-to-day advice and guidance concerning investigative activities.
- Undertake the full implementation of investigations in accordance with company policy, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Develop, manage and coordinate all applicable stakeholders to meet Investigation deadlines and tasks - seeking appropriate escalation where necessary.
- Provide expertise in the investigation and seek efficiency's where possible to speed/unblock processes.
- Develop, maintain and report all associated investigative activities in the appropriate IT and Record Keeping systems.
- Provision of direct support to the Export Control Managers and Head of Function as directed. Duties include the support of Export Control improvement activities and other associated initiatives.
- Maintain accurate Export Control record database for compliance purposes.
- Develop Lessons Learnt conclusions for each Investigation. Establishing robust reporting and metrics data.
Key Outputs/Deliverables: Business Unit
- Good overall contribution to the Function and team.
- Investigations conducted to a robust standard and closed within agreed timelines, policy and processes.
- Recognised as a reliable expert with Investigative activities for the Export Control Function
- Internal and external customer satisfaction: accuracy, promptness and clarity of advice, quality of service provision.
- Demonstrate efficiencies and effectiveness and data/metrics for major tasks and activities, including lessons learnt.
- Ensure all associated IT and Record keeping systems are up to date and of a high quality.