17 days ago
Our leading aerospace client is looking for an experienced export control professional with experience in aerospace and defence sector export control compliance at both a working level and management level required to support the company's current and expanding international business activities. This will initially be on a contract basis but could lead to a permanent role.
As Export Control Officer you will be part of a team that are leading and growing the company's export compliance function to meet business needs. This will include development, implementation and maintenance of company export policies and procedures; provision of timely export classification and export and import licences and authorisations; assisting with business planning; export compliance training; and interaction with suppliers and customers. You will be self-motivated and able to operate as part of a team.
The role will involve but not be limited to the following:
- Support the company's overall export compliance function to ensure compliance with UK, EU and US export control laws and regulations;
- Timely development, implementation and maintenance of company Export Control Policy and Procedures that are required to support current and emerging business needs through company compliance with relevant export control laws and regulations;
- Work with relevant company departments (e.g. HR, IT, Security, Legal) to ensure that their systems support export compliance requirements;
- Timely provision of hardware, software and technology jurisdictional classifications and export / import licence service and associated administration in order to meet programme timelines and supplier and customer expectations;
- Advise management on developments in export control laws and regulations that are relevant to business operations and planning, and assist with programme and business planning by providing advice from an export perspective;
- Support and help manage export compliance communications with key external stakeholders.
- Support the develop, implement and maintain company export policies and procedures appropriate to the company's current and future activities;
- Support and coordinate and deliver employee export control compliance training and communications;
- Work with company departments (HR, IT, Security, Legal, others) and management to ensure company systems support export compliance requirements, implement changes where needed;
- Provide timely determination of export jurisdiction and classification of hardware, software and technology and maintain in export classification matrix;
- Provide timely export and import licence and authorization service and administration and maintain status of active licenses and authorizations to support company operations;
- Work with external legal advisors, as required, to support export compliance activities and to answer ad hoc queries to time and to budget;
- Support the interaction with suppliers, customers and key external stakeholders on export control issues and meet their expectations;
- Assist business and programme planning by providing advice and guidance on relevant export control considerations;
- Support the company interaction with export control authorities (e.g. Export Control Organisation, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls);
- Support company's security and intellectual property protection functions when required.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (law and engineering/technical qualifications an advantage);
- Extensive knowledge of UK, EU and US export control regulations and compliance including those relevant to UK/EU Dual Use, UK Military, USML and CCL control lists (including ITAR and EAR);
- Extensive knowledge of UK/EU export licence and authorization application process, maintenance and administration (including OGEL, OIEL, SIEL)
- Knowledge of US export licence and authorization application processes, maintenance and administration (including MLAs, TAAs, DSP-5)
Knowledge of international export agreements including the Missile Technology Control Regime;
- Extensive knowledge of procedures to prevent commingling of controlled hardware, software and technology;
- Export Control Organisation training, potentially including seminars (Beginners, Intermediate, Trade Control) and workshops (Making better licence applications, Control list classification and use of checker tools, Open licence and compliance)Experience with UK, EU and US export control regulations and compliance requirements, in particular those relating to UK/EU Dual use, UK Military, USML and CCL controlled hardware, software and technology;
Experience in developing and implementing export control compliance policies and procedures relevant to UK,EU and US export control compliance;
Experience in regulatory analysis to determine proper jurisdiction and appropriate classification of hardware, software and technology under UK, EU and US control regimes;
Experience of UK/EU export licence applications, maintenance and administration (including OGEL, OIEL SIEL and the ECO Spire System)
Experience of US export licence procedures and agreements including DSP-5, TAAs, MLAs;
Experience working in an export compliance environment with multiple classifications of hardware, software and technology;
Experience in managing Export Control Organisation and US State Department's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls audits and internal audit;
Experience in coordination and provision of export training for employees;
Experience working on export compliance issues between UK and European countries (including French, German, Swedish, Swiss, Italian and Spanish companies) an advantage;
Experience relating to international agreements and assurances related to Missile Technology Control Regime desirable;
Experience with HM Revenue & Customs export processes for controlled technology;
Experience in business physical and IT security and intellectual property protection an advantage;
For the right candidate this could lead to a permanent position or could be a permanent position rather than contract from the outset.