2 months ago
Morson International are working with a new client within the Nuclear Sector who has a current requirement for an Export Control and Intellectual Property Manager. This interesting permanent position which reports directly to the Legal Director, will be based at their central London offices.
The successful candidate will be independently responsible for the following work:
- Identifying items which are/should be subject to export controls as well as identifying which export licences are suitable depending on the circumstances.
- Managing export licence applications.
- Compliance audit planning - preparing for potential audits from Compliance Officers and managing documentation which will need to be presented as part of any audit.
- Providing training to staff in order to help them to comply with export controls.
- Ensuring that the company has a rigorous export control system and documented procedures in place for record-keeping, training and lines of responsibility.
- Managing questions/queries about export control - collating queries/questions, tracking their progress and evidencing the decision-making trail for each question/case.
- Maintaining records of and monitoring items which are subject to export control and those which are transferred subject to the terms of an export licence.
- Liaising with third parties to ensure that relevant processes are in place (e.g. HMRC, customs, suppliers).
- Regularly evaluate ongoing compliance with export controls by providing periodic reports on status, issues and progress.
Additionally the successful candidate will help accomplish the following:
- Ensuring compliance with the conditions of all export licences and making sure that no items are transferred in contravention of an export licence or transferred without an export licence being in place.
- Strategically consider export controls to enable the company to run its day-to-day operations.
- Ensuring compliance with US export controls where there are US nationals/dual nationals working within the company.
- Managing intellectual property issues.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Experience of working as an Export Control Officer (or similar)
- Strong compliance expertise.
- Strong Intellectual Property expertise.
- Exceptional communication skills
Helpful but not essential:
- Mandarin Chinese language skills