Up to £8.83 per hour
about 1 month ago
An opportunity has arisen to work for BAE Systems based at Glascoed, South Wales for an Export Control Administrator to work within a Finance Services Department.
The role will provide effective support for the Shared Services Import Export Services Team.
As the Export Control Administrator, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Issuing correspondence with external suppliers to gather Export Compliance information on the goods procured into the business.
- Reporting of export control training statistics.
- Record keeping administration duties.
- Production of Metrics & KPIs.
- Reviewing outbound transactions to ensure adequate export licences are in place
- Carrying out Denied Party Screening checks against companies and individuals engaged by the business
- Issuing export approvals for employees taking company electronic devices overseas
- Participation in continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and industry guidelines.
- Ad-hoc tasks, as required during peak times to balance team workload and meet service commitments.
As an Export Control Administrator your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Experience in undertaking self-audit/assurance activity is desirable.
- Regulatory/governance background would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Any previous knowledge or experience in International Trade, Export, UK Export Control regulations and US ITAR/EAR regulations would be highly desirable.
- Strong attention to detail & record keeping.
- Ability to analyse large data sets within Excel
- Knowledge and Application of Data Protection Principles.
We are looking for a motivated, driven individual with disciplined self-organisation. You will be naturally inquisitive and the desire to question variances from expected outcome. You will have proven experience of being able to build and maintain excellent relationships through strong communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders. You will be able to work effectively towards deadlines and have the ability to effectively work individually and as part of a large team. Good decision making skills are required along with srong IT skills, particularly in the use of MS Office packages
There may be a requirement to travel to other BAE Systems sites so a flexible working attitude is required.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control; Trade Compliance; Import Control; Export Control; Trade Governance; Export License; Import License; Import Clearances; Export Clearances: ITAR; EAR; Export Control Regulations; Import Control Regulations;