Up to £25.00 per hour
7 days ago
We are looking to recruit an Export Compliance Manager to work for a global supplier of control products used within mission and safety critical environments. The business designs, manufactures, and supports high integrity electronic, electro-mechanical and pneumatic systems primarily for the aerospace, military land vehicle, and dismounted solider markets.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure compliance with export controls and regulations.
Duties will involve;
- Ensure compliance with export control legislation, and company policies, processes and procedures.
- Manage, develop and maintain export control policies and processes and ensure compliance.
- Proactively identify potential for non-compliance with export legislation in the business and recommend, and assist in, the implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure all due diligence is complete, up-to-date and maintained with respect to all customers, suppliers, agents and any other institutions.
- Day-to-day management of orders for export-controlled product, to ensure the correct export authorisations are in place prior to shipment.
- Ensure sufficient guarantee within the company deferment account.
- Raise relevant customs documentation required for personnel travelling with military technical information.
- Perform regulatory analysis to determine proper jurisdiction and appropriate classification of hardware, software and technology/technical data.
- Apply for export licences and authorisations, including UK SIELs, US Commerce licences and General Correspondences.
- Review and agree TAAs, MLAs and WDAs to ensure they accommodate requirements, as required.
- Manage external and internal compliance audits.
- Assist in the provision of information, staff training and technical instruction as appropriate.
- Support all aspects of the business regarding all matters related to and export compliance.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures to ensure accreditation requirements are consistently met.
- Undertake any other tasks as required to support the business.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing, controlling and delivery of export clearance. You will have experience of managing small teams along with experience in export procedures and documentation. You will have the ability to build productive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation. You will be able to design, develop and maintain processes and procedures and have the ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team. You will be highly organised, able to meet deadlines and manage varying workload. You will have experience of working directly with External/Internal auditors, Government bodies (eg HMRC)
An Advanced Certificate in InternationalTrade _AMIEx or Diploma in International Trade -MIEx is preferred.
Please note the pay rate is a LTD pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.