24 days ago
The role will provide support to the Standards & Accreditation Lead in managing English Language and General Engineering Examinations / Assessments for the Awarding Bodies and internal departments within the Technical Institute - Qatar.
Our client have been successfully delivering technical training programs to their international customers for over 10 years. The team of dedicated and experienced teachers, instructors and support staff are passionate in helping develop student's knowledge and preparing them for a technical career.
This exciting and essential role will support the Technical Institute in achieving and maintaining centre accreditation status with the External Awarding bodies.
This is a new area of the business here in Qatar and we are looking to recruit an English Language & General Engineering Examination / Assessment SME to play a key role in offering our students and their employers an excellent service.
This person will be responsible for managing the end to end English Language and General Engineering examination and assessment process to ensure compliance with both centre and Awarding Body documentation and requirements.
This role will NOT require any access or exposure to Specialist Technical Training activities, ITAR or Export Control items or material.
* Liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including students, Chief Instructors, Training Manager, Quality, IT staff and awarding organisations
* Managing the English Language and General Engineering examination / assessment process, including gathering information from teaching staff to ensure that student's examination entries are made correctly and on time, making amendments/withdrawals, etc.
* Managing the English Language and General Engineering examination preparation process. This includes preparing examination / assessment timetables for students and staff creating seating plans for each examination room briefing candidates, staff and informing relevant departments receiving, checking and securely storing confidential examination / assessment materials administering City &Guilds Awarding Body Walled Garden Exams etc.
* Managing English Language and General Engineering examination / assessment days in accordance with awarding body regulations and internal processes, including preparing for each exam day, invigilating exams and dealing with any problems that arise during and/or after the examination / assessment
* Supporting the process relating to access arrangements (for example supporting Special Educational Needs requirements in making applications, invigilator training, managing emergency access/ egress arrangements etc.)
* Managing English Language and General Engineering examination / assessment results. This includes accessing results electronically/downloading results from awarding body secure sites and preparing for results to be disseminated to each student/candidate through the relevant Chief Instructor.
* Analysing English Language and General Engineering examination results and report/present finding to the Standard and Accreditation Lead
* Being aware of examination changes by the Awarding Body, assisting the Standards Lead in updating examination / assessment-related policies, in line with the change process.
* Assist with English Language and General Engineering exam / assessment contingency planning
* Dealing with requests and administering post-results service
* Experience working in a training organisation
* Experience dealing with exams / assessment and invigilation
* Experience working with a Learning Management System
* Experience working with External Awarding bodies
* Proficient in the use of Office 365 or Microsoft Office products
* Excellent communication skills with a friendly and helpful personality
* Excellent organisation skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritise own workload