Competitive Market Rate
5 months ago
Design, build, and demonstrate an EW system controller to coordinate multiple ES / EA / ECM elements within an EW system and wider platform capabilities for a future multi-role combat aircraft.
* Definition of requirements for control of the elements of the EW system and central processing of the sensor data.
* Perform systems functional analysis and refine architectures of complex multi-sensor and controller systems.
* Development of algorithms for data fusion and innovative processing methods.
* Liaise with sensors and communications technical specialist teams to design mechanisms for control of the elements of the EW System, and interoperability of the RF transmitters and receivers.
* Perform analysis and modelling to demonstrate the effectiveness of algorithms and control mechanisms.
* Technical reporting of key findings and recommendations.
* Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
You really must have:
* Proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
* Experience in mathematical modelling of RF, EO / IR sensor and communication systems.
* Strong numerical and analytical ability.
* Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms)
* Good written and verbal presentation ability.
* Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. SysML) tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect / Rhapsody) and requirements management methods and tools (e.g. DOORS).
It would be nice if you had:
* Strong knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification.
NOTE: You must be eligible for full UK SC clearance in order to be considered for this position.