£18.00 - £22.00 per hour
3 months ago
To plan, organise and oversee the running of events at various London locations, and to promote these venues to commercial clients to achieve income targets. This will include the monitoring of statutory compliance and liaison with clients, production teams and other stakeholders.
- Act as the first point of contact, co-ordinate and facilitate events for internal and external clients.
- Oversee the running of all events and activities, taking responsibility for commercial and charity events as well as demonstrations and rallies.
- Co-ordinate and undertake liaison with key stakeholders, including regular contact with contractors, the neighbours of Trafalgar and Parliament Squares, the Metropolitan Police and other statutory authorities to ensure events comply with relevant regulatory requirements and are well managed.
- Promote, market and expand the use of City Hall and Trafalgar Square for commercial events to meet budgeted annual income targets.
- Apply health, safety and security considerations during the planning and implementation of events.
- Supervise contractors to ensure all contracted services are co-ordinated for events.
- Work with internal facility providers to ensure all FM services are coordinated for events.
- Develop and maintain finance and accounting systems, including the generation of reports.
- Carry out the duties warranted Enforcement Officer in relation to Trafalgar Square and Parliament Square.
- Support the development of guidelines, standards and policies to improve the management of events.
- Preparation of reports for senior staff.
- Experience of managing events, functions or hospitality services in a high profile organisation or customer led environment.
- Experience of promoting and marketing high profile venues with a view to extending commercial market activity.
- A good knowledge of health and safety and statutory legislation in relation to facilities management services, and an ability to promote best practice on environmental and sustainability issues. A NEBOSH national general certificate is desirable.