£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Additional benefits
15 days ago
Morson International are currently looking for a Mechanically biased Estimator (on a permanent basis) to join a specialist contractor who provides Mechanical and Electrical Installation services for a variety of industries including construction, road, and rail in the UK.
The opportunity is due to continued growth and is to be based in Central London, with the need to travel to sites throughout London. This is a pivotal position within the commercial team, providing support to the project teams, to ensure projects are running within cost, and maximise profit.
You will ideally be Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent, with your key responsibilities being
* Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from sub-contractors and suppliers during the estimating process in order to obtain and complete bid package information
* Review and analyse proposal specifications, drawings and any other documentation to prepare estimates
* Review and incorporate historical data on labour levels from workers productivity and analysis reports to create an accurate reflection of costs of labour
* Coordinate mechanical database pricing and labour units
* Working in conjunction with Procurement, maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
* Liaise with internal teams such as planning, design and operations on specific project requirements
* Attend pre and post tender meetings
* Produce take-offs and price Mechanical works from the bottom up
* Present estimates to clients, as and when required
Due to the nature of our client's core business area, a track record of working in Mechanical and Electrical environments and within large engineering sector projects will be favoured.
You'll be joining an experienced team and be responsible for running your own projects ranging in value from £5k up to £30 million, with the support of the Commercial Director. This opportunity can offer excellent development opportunities and is offering a competitive package.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Jon McMillan by calling 0207 633 2040 or apply via the link provided.