Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Vital Glasgow Construction
about 1 month ago
Vital resources are currently working with a reputable and well established Civil Engineering and Construction contractor to assist them in appointing an experienced Electrical Estimator to strengthen their busy commercial department. Within this role you would be expected to perform:
- Access initial tenders in respect of attractiveness, selectivity, commercial risk and competition, and provide appropriate report to management.
- Review tender documentation issued by the client and drive a thorough understanding of requirements.
- Accurately quantify materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects, ensure that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour is satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- Set up, in conjunction with General Manager, estimating process and procedures, systems and data base.
- Maintain the estimating system to ensure all labour norms and prime costs are correct.
- Prepare tender adjudication pack ready for sign off with senior management.
- Prepare Contractors proposals forming part of the tender submission, together with tender programmes, organisation charts, method statements etc.
- Provide a fully detailed tender based on a performance specification and engineer's layout drawings for a D&B project. Provide design solutions including sketches, drawings, utilise in- house design team as well as supply chain for design input.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity
- Background within HV and LV projects
- Degree education (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
If you would like to apply or for more information please contact Jamie Nicholson using the noted details, alternatively please click the "apply now" link.