Summary of Role:
The Estimating Engineer (Composite) is responsible for estimating enquiries for aerospace structural components and assemblies primarily based around a composite structure and, if required, providing completed request for quotation summaries to customers, including but not limited to:
* Carbon Composites and Glass Fibre details and assemblies
* Understanding the detail of Composite assembly
* Flat and formed metallic details
* Metallic fabricated assemblies
* Routing and 5-axis machining of Carbon Composites, Glass Fibre and metallic sheet details
* Protective Treatments
* Metal to Metal bonding
1. Interpretation of customer models, drawings, Bill of Materials and specifications including PowerPoint and schematic presentations/sketches as well as hard copy drawings.
2. Identification of the processes required for each quotation such as lay-up, curing, machining, fabrication, assembly and protective treatments to enable accurate cost compilation
3. Understand the process of Composite manufacturing fomo freezer to delivery
4. Ensure the customer requirements are fully understood and the most cost effective solution is quoted.
5. Liaison with suppliers to ascertain prices.
6. Liaison with customers to clarify any details where necessary
7. Preparation of accurate costs in terms of materials, labour etc.
8. Ensure all enquiries and quotations produced are entered correctly in to the computer system
Health, safety and environment
9. Uphold processes that assure the effective health, safety and environmental best practices as defined by the HSE management system.
The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Senior Management.
Engineering trade qualification at HNC level or equivalent
Estimating in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment, ideally with experience of composite materials and components.
Understand the difference between low volume and high volume strategies
Ability to understand & extract key information from engineering drawings & Bills of Material
Ability to manipulate arithmetic data with high degree of accuracy in time-limited situations
Computer literate - advanced level Excel knowledge
* Engineering trade qualification at HNC level or equivalent
* Estimating in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment
* Understand ply books, ply data and final composite drawing detail
* Conversant with a wide range of Composite processes
* Understand the difference between low volume and high volume strategies
* Knowledge & use of the Epircor ERP System
* Tooling design and manufacturing
SKILLS & APTITUDE
* Ability to understand & extract key information from engineering drawings & Bills of Material
* Ability to manipulate arithmetic data with high degree of accuracy in time-limited situations
* Computer literate - advanced level Excel knowledge
* Knowledge of Enovia & an understanding of Catia
* Use of computer based estimating tools (e.g. SEER)
* Concept to final manufacturing
* Legacy parts manufacturing methods
* Enthusiastic, proactive & organised
* Analytical thinker
* High level customer and business awareness
* Achieves results accurately