Up to £0.00 per annum
24 days ago
This individual will be working closely with all other disciplines throughout the company to ensure that high quality consistent Signalling estimates are produced. They will work closely with Project Manager & the Bid Manager on larger bids and in parallel be producing smaller estimates and variations to existing contracts. The job covers the collation and checking of estimates from multidisciplinary teams which are to be prepared in all offices. This role takes guidance from and reports to the Estimating Manager.
* Responsible of all their allocated estimates from initial enquiry through negotiations to submission of final offer, including determination of the appropriate structure of the estimate.
* Input of estimate data into the estimating database (RIB or equivalent) and checking this data for consistency, errors, omissions and accuracy.
* Responsible for managing the pricing process evaluating, assessing and co-ordinating inputs from all other costing disciplines, ensuring high levels of consistency and quality.
* Input and direction into the project plan, and the establishment of the appropriate pricing structure aligning with the company Work Breakdown Structure and Tender Template
* Challenging estimates in multidisciplinary team review panels.
* Involvement in tender pricing presentations to the board and the client as required.
* Analysing current and historical data to justify costs and pricing accuracy and competitiveness.
* Creation of reports for presentation / reviews.
* Bid Deadlines
* A good grounding in the requirements for engineering activities
* Strong computing skills especially regarding databases and MSExcel.
* Financially and commercially aware.
* Strong customer focused skills.
* The ability to work alone in a high pressure environment.
* Must be flexible and able to work under own initiative with minimal support.
* May be expected to work irregular hours depending on the requirements for each bid.
* Travel will be required between company offices.
* Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word.
* Be able to communicate programme and risk related issues to the bid planner. - Knowledge of the risk management process, likelihood, probabilities and how to tackle commercial risk and opportunities as well as understanding risk modelling is desirable but not a pre-requisite for the role.
* Appreciation of Railway Safety rules will be an advantage, but training will be provided - I.e. Site based experience, knowledge of Personal Track Safety and the Railway Rule Book would be desirable however some knowledge of Railway Safety systems is a must.
* Knowledge of proprietary estimating systems is a distinct advantage although Training in RIB (Estimating Software) will be provided.
* A minimum of 2 years experience within engineering teams in a main line or metro project delivery company.
* Comfortable with operating as part of the Tender and Estimating Team.