Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Vital Glasgow Construction
9 months ago
Vital resources have been employed by a well-known and progressive civil engineering contractor in the Central Belt to assist them in appointing a new Civils Estimator, to join their busy commercial department.
Within this role you will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Prepare estimates and purchase orders in detail for all products
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Understand scope of work to bid
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors
- Prepare cost analysis
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Ability to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Previous experience in a similar capacity
- Experience in working with COINS or other related estimating software
For this position our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package. Along with the opportunity to work for a reputable company within the Scottish Civil engineering sector.
If you would like to apply, or for more information please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.