Bathgate, West Lothian
Vital Glasgow Construction
23 days ago
Vital Resources have been employed by a well respected and reputable civil engineering contractor in the Central Belt to assist them in appointing a new Civil Estimator.
Our client has won several high profile contracts in the Central Belt and are currently involved in various tenders across Scotland, they are looking for someone who would like to develop their career as well as assist in the delivery of various high profile contracts.
Within this role your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of tender documents
- Review and prepare tender reports
- Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
- Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
- Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities. Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
- Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
- Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
- File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
- Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team
- Review production analysis and update.
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree educated
- Proven estimating experience in civil engineering.
- Previous Experience with NEC Form of Contracts would be preferable but not essential.
- Previous Experience with various estimating software packages.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office package.
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package for the right person. Our client will also assist with professional development.
If you would like more information, please call Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link to apply.