Vital Glasgow Construction
8 months ago
Vital resources are working with a well established and recognisable Civil Engineering contractor to assist them in appointing an Estimating Manager to further strengthen the commercial department.
You will be responsible for processing tenders from receipt to submission, on a range of general civils projects across Scotland, up to £10 million in value, as well as managing a small team of experienced Estimators.
Within this role you would be expected to:
- Prepare accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects
- Prepare subcontract & materials enquiries for administration & buying team.
- Build an accurate cost estimates for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors/Senior Managers for adjudication and approval.
- Managing hand over to the delivery team
- Liaise with other divisions within the business including site based staff, and operational teams
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate::
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in Civil Engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of using computer estimating packages
- Experience of working in a similar capacity
- Background in Civil Engineering
- Ideally from a Site Based background
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson using the below provided details.