Up to £30.00 per hour
0161 707 1516
23 days ago
Morson are working in partnership with a top Aerospace & Defence company and have a requirement fot an Equipping Design Engineer to join the team on a contract basis. Further job information below.
Equipping is a multiproject team within the Mechanical Platform group which performs the detailed design of geosynchronous communications spacecraft.
Equipping drawings define the detailed installation of non-structural (mostly thermal) components on the spacecraft, including heatpipes, paint, thermostats, heaters, thermistors, second surface mirrors, multilayer insulation, tybases and connector brackets.
* Experience of non-structural installations, heaters, thermostats etc (Everything non-structural), Similar to Structure Design Engineer Role
* Catia V5 & V6,Working as part of big team, but in current climate working at home
* Good eye for detail
* Strong Engineering skills
* Aerospace experience is required.
* Detailed Activities
* Organising regular interface meetings and negotiating with system teams to agree and track data deliverables.
* Checking the design office output (drawings, 3D models etc.) and being responsible for the release of drawings to AIT with sign-off as defined by the appropriate design delegation matrix.
* Driving activities to ensure all AIT inputs from the Equipping Team, including drawings, are provided on-quality, on-cost and on-time.
* Managing and providing technical guidance to the Equipping Team design office.
* Producing the documentation necessary to justify and validate the hardware if required.
* Supporting team meetings and other reviews as required by the Equipping Team Leader.
* Managing relevant work-packages and providing input for the control of costs as required by the projects.
* Contributing to improvement and development activities.
* Developing expertise within certain aspects of equipping if required (e.g. heatpipe stock control, Multilayer Insulation Technology etc.)
Good verbal and written communication skills. Good team working skills. Good industrial experience within a relevant engineering field.
Knowledge of Catia V5 and Windchill
A degree or other suitable qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
Rate £30 Umbrella / £23.03 paye