2 months ago
Equipment Qualification Engineer, Permanent , Bristol
Our Client requires an Equipment Qualification (EQ) engineer to support the technical management and acceptance
of design deliverables relating to Electrical and Control & Instrumentation equipments qualification to accident conditions.
Nature and Scope
The position sits within the Client's Technical Directorate, TMA function which discharge the function of Design Authority for the engineering of Systems, Structures and Components, including the qualification of Equipment.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the Qualification to Accidental Conditions relating to
Electrical/Control & Instrumentation components (motors, relays, sensors...) is developed in line with Client's requirements (including the safety case) and with the project schedule, to allow detailed design and construction to proceed as planned.
* Carry out surveillance on Electrical Components Qualification documents and other supporting documents submitted by Equipment suppliers.
* Work independently in managing reviews and holding review meetings with the responsible designer, suppliers and other stakeholders.
* The role holder will report to the EQ Team Lead, will need to consult with its peers when necessary and keep the EQ Team lead informed on significant technical issues, working proactively with relevant stakeholders to optimise the Qualification programme, to anticipate and to resolve issues.
* Support the EQ Team lead or any other stakeholder in interactions with the regulator
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
* UK good practice, applicable codes and standards relating to Equipment Qualification to Accident Conditions.
* Risk assessment methods used by designers.
* UK regulatory requirements applicable to EQ and the application of the ALARP principle.
* Familiarity with Licence Conditions and supporting ONR guidance would be an advantage
* Ability to carry out review and acceptance of EQ Programmes/Strategy and related documents.
* Able to identify key issues and focus attention on issue resolution.
* Ability to make judgements regarding level of risk and whether proposed solutions reduce risks to ALARP.
* Ability to work independently, to plan and manage design reviews and work directly with the designers.
* Able to challenge a contractor in a constructive and pragmatic way.
* Ability to carry out pro-active surveillance on documents in production to allow Right First Delivery
* Degree qualified in Electrical engineering discipline
* Degree qualified in Control & Instrumentation discipline would be an advantage
* Membership of relevant professional body
* Experience of engineering design in a nuclear environment
* Experience of Equipment Qualification (to accidental condition would be an advantage)
* Working knowledge of Electrical/Control & Instrumentation component design and operation
* Knowledge of nuclear power plant systems would be an advantage
* At least 5 years engineering experience
* Familiarity with EPR systems would be an advantage