3 months ago
EQ Technical Coordinator, Contract, Bristol
We are recruting for an EQ engineer to support the coordination of technical activities related to Equipment Qualification.
This role will be based in central Bristol, as part of the Technical Directorates function called TMA that discharge the role of Design Authority regarding the design of Structure, Component and Systems, in order to ensure the integrity of the Project Safety Case. TMA function is broken down into 6 branches covering Mechanical, I&C, Electrical and Civils Design. The position sits within the Balance of Nuclear Island Branch that lead the EQ design/Safety case activities on behalf of the TMA function
Nature and Scope
The role of Equipment Qualification Coordinator is to support the Balance of Nuclear Island Branch Manager in coordinating Client activities with regards Equipment Qualification activities across the different parts of the Project (Responsible Designer, PMs, Design Authority stakeholders, Plant Integration Engineering managers).
This covers :
The coordination reviews and acceptance activities related to the Equipment Qualification within NNB,
accordingly to the Project Quality Plan and Design Quality plan this primarily covers the EQ team itself but also includes the surveillance activities delivered by the other
TMA branches in support to the EQ team. Therefore, It requires the maintenance of sustainable,
efficient and clear interactions with the other teams from TMA function
- The lead on the EQ RDs workstream:
Lead the monthly RD EQ Progress Meeting (EQPM) in close collaboration with the RD counterpart
Cascade and follow-up of actions
The screening of technical risks and opportunities for this design area The screening of technical risks
and opportunities for this design area
- The support of TMA Head of Function as part of the Clients Equipment Qualification Steering Committee
Coordination of actions
set-up/update of KPI
- Overall coordination and formalisation of Licensee's design requests/requirements related to Equipment
Qualification, working closely with the Plant Integration Engineering managers
- Support to TMA BNI Branch Manager in the interaction with the ONR ( preparation / coordination of meeting with the Regulator)
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
* Demonstrable stakeholder's engagement skills.
* Good communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Excellent organisational skills
* Able to identify key issues and focus attention on issue resolution.
* Strong writing skills
* Experience in Equipment Qualification, ( nuclear industry would be an advantage)
* Experience within the Nuclear Industry especially in the Nuclear Island design field.
* Knowledge of design process and design activities related to Nuclear Industry.
* Understanding of quality requirements would be an advantage
* Working knowledge of French language would be an advantage.
* Degree qualified in a suitable engineering discipline (Mech, EC&I, Chemistry)
* Membership of relevant professional body
* Experience of engineering design in a nuclear environment
* Knowledge of nuclear power plant systems
* At least 5 years engineering experience