3 months ago
Morson has an initial 6 months exciting opportunity for an Environmental Management Engineer to work for a Major Aerospace Company based in Yeovil, Somerset with some travel to Bristol and Boscombe Down.
This position is initially part time - two to three days a week but to a view to becoming full time.
Provide Environmental Management expertise across all Client programmes to ensure Environmental Management is fully integrated and managed with the design and development of Client Products, Systems and Services. The successful candidate for this role will be required to develop a coherent Environmental Management Strategy for the Client in compliance with relevant legislation and MoD Requirements defined in Defence Standard 00-051, Issue 1, taking due cognisance of the guidance provided within the UK MoD Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS)
The successful candidate for this role will represent the Client and, potentially, the wider the Client Company at the Client Environmental Management forums and be the technical point of contact for Environmental Management subject matter experts within the customer or authority delivery teams.
Reporting to the Client Safety Lead, the role has the following key responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a Client Environmental Management System in line with the Client Safety Management System and appropriate UK Environmental Management legislation
- Development of Environmental Management strategies appropriate to each project or programme resulting in a cogent Environmental Case which shall include the following, as required by the project or programme-specific Environmental Management Plan or Strategy:
- Development of Environmental Management Plans
- Develop a register of relevant Environmental Management standards
- Identification of Environmental Management stakeholders
- Produce Environmental Management Feature Matrices
- Produce Environmental Impact Screening and Scoping Statements
- Influence the selection, design, usage and disposal of products and services through all relevant life cycle phases
- Derivation of Environmental Management design requirements
- Development of Environmental Case Reports
- Close liaison with other Client, customer and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Environmental Management strategy
- Close liaison with Client Environmental, Health and Safety teams
- Review and approval of supplier Environmental Management deliverables
- Lead Environmental Management Committee and Working Group meetings
- Support customer and supplier Environmental Management meetings
- Provide Environmental Management support to the System Safety programme including support to System Safety Working Groups or other associated meetings
- Present Environmental Management inputs to requirements and design reviews
- Participate in task-level programme planning, estimating and support for Environmental Management activities
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans
Other job responsibilities may include assistance with System Safety tasks, assistance with Human Factors tasks and Export Compliance (technical support of Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA's).
The candidate should be degree qualified with an appropriate Environmental Management-related degree and a member of a recognised Environmental Management professional body with demonstrable experience in the application of Environmental Management in defence programmes.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to plan work and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate Environmental Management status and provide performance visibility. Able to effectively execute assigned Environmental Management tasking and seek opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans. Assist with removal of obstacles by early identification of areas where help is needed and proactively coordinating with the Client programme and technical leadership.
The candidate should demonstrate strong communication skills, technical competency and skills with project management concepts/tools.
The role will have significant UK MoD and wider Client interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required. Some UK and US travel is expected.
Highly Desirable competencies:
Experience of working within the System Safety domain would be considered to be a significant advantage.
Candidates must either have or be able to be Cleared to UK SC Security level.
Please send cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205