£50.00 - £60.00 per hour
4 months ago
Development of the company Environmental Management capability to meet UK legislative requirements. Environmental Management is a key UK MoD focus area and a legal requirement detailed within the initial issue (April 2018) of Defence Standard 00-051 (Environmental Management Requirements for Defence Systems). Environmental Management requirements are now applicable to all Defence Contracts, as highlighted by recent programmes and proposals, including Autonomous Systems, Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing platforms (including Chinook, AH-64E, P-8A Poseidon, E-7, etc.).
This role will also form the technical interface with suppliers to ensure that appropriate Environmental Management requirements are flowed to these suppliers and sub-contractors, as well as performing review, comment and approval of supplied Environmental Management artefacts.
Autonomous Systems Environmental Safety Engineer
Provide Environmental Management expertise for BDUK Autonomous Systems and other new programmes to assist the integration of Environmental Safety considerations within the design and development of BDUK Products, Systems and Services. The successful candidate for this role will be required to support the refinement of a coherent Environmental Management Strategy for BDUK in compliance with relevant legislation and MoD Requirements defined in Defence Standard 00-051, Issue 1, taking due cognisance of the guidance provided within the UK MoD Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS).
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the maintenance of the BDUK Environmental Management System in line with the BDUK Safety Management System and appropriate UK Environmental Management legislation
- Assist the development of Environmental Management strategies appropriate to each project or programme resulting in a cogent Environmental Case which shall include the following, as required by the project or programme-specific Environmental Management Plan or Strategy.
- Development of Environmental Management Plans
- Develop a register of relevant Environmental Management standards
- Identification of Environmental Management stakeholders
- Produce Environmental Management Feature Matrices
- Produce Environmental Impact Screening and Scoping Statements
- Influence the selection, design, usage and disposal of products and services through all relevant life cycle phases
- Derivation of Environmental Management design requirements
- Development of Environmental Case Reports
- Liaison with other Boeing, customer and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Environmental Management strategy
- Close liaison with Boeing Environmental, Health and Safety teams
- Review of supplier Environmental Management deliverables
- Support Environmental Management Committee and Working Group meetings
- Support customer and supplier Environmental Management meetings
- Provide Environmental Management support to the System Safety programme including support to System Safety Working Groups or other associated meetings
- Present Environmental Management inputs to requirements and design reviews
- Participate in task-level programme planning, estimating and support for Environmental Management activities
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans
- Other job responsibilities may include assistance with System Safety tasks, assistance with Human Factors tasks and Export Compliance (technical support of Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA's).
- Other job responsibilities may include assistance with System Safety tasks, assistance with Human Factors tasks and Export Compliance (technical support of Technical Assistance Agreement (TAAs).
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)