8 months ago
Environmental Permitting Specialist, Permanent, Gloucester
The purpose of the post is to provide expertise and support in the development of Clients environmental permitting requirements and environmental permit application, ensuring it is in line with UK environmental permitting requirements for large-scale construction (or operational) activities.
- Support on the production of Water Discharge Environmental permit application (for enabling and construction works).
- Support in developing and maintaining the working relationship with Horizon's technical
- community in the engineering department and the supply chain where required, to ensure
- Successful delivery of underpinning technical work.
- Support in drafting work specifications for other departments and suppliers for the provision of task based work and the seconding of SQEP resources, as required.
- Undertake environmental auditing for the company's ISO 14001 certified EMS.
- Support the Technical Lead Permitting in developing environmental permit training requirements for the Client
Key Accountabilities of the Post
- Accountable to Head of Environment & Waste Management for:
- Accountable to Head of Operations & Maintenance for:
- Assisting in the delivery of the environmental permit training plan
- Accountable to Head of Nuclear Oversight & Regulatory Affairs for:
- Undertaking environmental audits against the HNP Audit Plan
- Holds a graduate degree or equivalent qualification in a suitable engineering or science subject and preferably hold professional membership of an appropriate institution.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Good understanding of the environmental permitting regulations as they apply to large scale construction projects and nuclear projects.
- Demonstrates effective planning, prioritisation and delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of using judgement and initiative to benefit business and individual performance.
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive, delivering value in a changing and evolving organisation.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.