£24.00 - £26.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
10 months ago
Our client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups and they are looking for an Environmental Manger to be based in London.
- Guide the project team in delivering Network Rail requirements
- Lead the assurance programme to deliver compliance and industry-leading performance
- Lead excellent environmental management practice and continuous improvement of project performance through design, procurement and construction
- Support the Environment team in promoting the Environment Strategy
Health, Safety & Environment
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Environmental and Sustainability policies, legislation and best practice.
- Ensure implementation of the relevant environmental requirements of the Integrated Management System, Our Way of Working (OWOW)
Principal Duties & Accountabilities
- Promote continuous improvement of project environmental performance.
- Ensure that environmental scheme documents are fit-for-purpose, achievable and effective.
- Lead performance and assurance reviews to ensure project compliance in line with legislation, OWOW, objectives and requirements.
- Guide project teams as functional lead, including with design, procurement, construction, client reports and liaison where relevant.
- Manage environmental advisors and environmental specialists and/ or consultants to monitor progress towards objectives and deliver requirements.
- Guide development of project competence and environmental advisors where relevant
- Develop and deliver suitable environmental and sustainability training for all project staff.
- Develop and maintain environmental reporting procedures.
- Promote current environmental legislation including relevant best practices.
- Lead internal and external environmental audit and inspection programmes and performance improvement action plans, including for suppliers and waste contractors
- Degree level in appropriate Environmental discipline (ideal)
- Construction Industry Experience (ideal)
- Experienced in leading teams to achieve objectives
- Experienced in developing and maintaining assurance programmes
- Experienced in working with and influencing other functional leads
- Experienced in client-facing roles
- Moderate IT skills
- Relevant CSCS Card
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.