West End, London
14 days ago
Environmental Manager, Permanent, West End London
An excellent opportunity to join this New Build Project, this position will be reporting to the Senior HSEQ Manager and the IFD Director.
Independently responsible for the following work:
* Developing the company management system to achieve ISO 14001.
* Develop and implement environmental action plans, to ensure sustainable development.
* Ensure Environmental compliance arrangements are in place for all site/Office and construction activities.
* Work with internal teams such as site licensing, design, safety case and project development.
* Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with UK, European Union and international regulation and legislation
* Act as the in house expert for environmental compliance, Act as the Key stakeholder for liaison with the EA and other external bodies.
* Providing advice and support on technical matters relating to planning, EIA and environmental management.
* Audit, analyse and report environmental performance to internal and external teams and regulatory bodies.
* Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the organisations environmental risks and financial costs.
* Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues.
* Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising.
* Lead other tasks as directed by the Senior HSEQ Manager and/or Director of Infrastructure.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
* Degree level education in a relevant subject, preferably environmental or engineering
* Environmental Qualification
* Vigorous understanding of environmental legislations and policies.
* Understanding of EIA process
* Excellent report writing skills are necessary.
* Experience in managing sites and ensuring that rules are being abided by.
* The ability to develop a team and increase the environmental capability of the organisation
* Excellent communication skills.
* Fluency in English both oral and writing, Mandarin as a plus.
* Any nuclear experience would be a bonus, but not essential
* Ideally have experience of Sequel software (an environment sustainability tool), or a similar type of software, which would be extremely beneficial