about 1 month ago
2 - 4 years
To provide engineering expertise in environmental control and icing protection systems to design and develop an air vehicle to meet programme, business and customer requirements.
Key Responsibility Areas and associated Standards of Performance:
- Responsible for environmental control and icing detection/protection systems through to preliminary design maturity. Accountable to the Vehicle Systems Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead.
- Provide knowledge, experience, direction and best practice to work with local in-country institutions to jointly achieve programme.
- Design and develop environmental control (air cooling, liquid cooling, cabin pressurisation) and icing detection/protection systems including:-
- Requirements capture and management.
- Architecture definition, trade studies and specification.
- Supplier selection, management and equipment engineering.
- System analysis, safety analysis, modelling and simulation.
- Systems integration at Air Vehicle level Interface with Airframe Design.
- Qualification, certification and verification planning.
- Support development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
- Deliver work to agreed time, cost and quality. Report progress and raise issues to manager.
- Lead and contribute to meetings and present work to customer, management and other stakeholders.
- Operate under the governance of the Chief Engineer and appropriate company procedures.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the subject for a similar platform
- Ideally have an active UK/NATO security clearance
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates will be required to undertake a full UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level) before starting. If the applicant is already SC cleared this will be transferred to the clients UK headquarters for the full duration of the project.
This is a fixed term contract position offering the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary:
- Home leave allowance - to maintain links with family (contribution to additional flights)
- Car Allowance and access to car scheme
- Access to Furnished & Serviced Accommodation or cash equivalent (£10,000)
- Medical and emergency dental insurance
- Immigration and destination services support
- Expatriation and Repatriation support