£50.00 - £60.00 per hour
7 months ago
2 years +
International opportunity based in Eastern Europe.
Ltd rate advertised is given as an equivalent UK hourly rate. Remuneration to be paid into a local bank account as an annual salary - paid monthly. Compensation allowances apply.
To provide engineering expertise in environmental control and icing protection systems to design and develop an air vehicle to meet programme, business and customer requirements.
Key Responsibility Areas and associated Standards of Performance:
* Responsible for environmental control and icing detection/protection systems through to preliminary design maturity. Accountable to the Vehicle Systems Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead.
* Provide knowledge, experience, direction and best practice to work with local in-country institutions to jointly achieve programme.
* Design and develop environmental control (air cooling, liquid cooling, cabin pressurization) and icing detection/protection systems including:-
- Requirements capture and management.
- Architecture definition, trade studies and specification.
- Supplier selection, management and equipment engineering.
- System analysis, safety analysis, modelling and simulation.
- Systems integration at Air Vehicle level Interface with Airframe Design.
- Qualification, certification and verification planning.
- Support development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
- Deliver work to agreed time, cost and quality. Report progress and raise issues to manager.
- Lead and contribute to meetings and present work to customer, management and other stakeholders.
- Operate under the governance of the Chief Engineer and appropriate company procedures.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the subject for a similar platform
- Ideally have an active UK/NATO security clearance
NOTE: If the candidate already holds a UK SC clearance, this will be transferred to our clients UK HQ for the full duration of the project
- Competitive Base salary
- Location allowance - to recognise the cultural differences of living
- Mobility Allowance - to aid transition into local tax environment from UK
- Home leave allowance - to maintain links with family
- Completion bonus - at the completion of each 12 month period (payable in full at the end of the contract)
- Furnished Accommodation and utilities
- Access to pool car
- Medical and dental insurance
- Immigration and destination services support
- Expatriation and Repatriation support