20 days ago
To work as part of the Environmental Engineering Data Analysis Team, applying specialist technical knowledge and providing advice to projects, with responsibility for delivery of technical aspects of environmental / mechanical data analysis activities. Tasks will involve analysis of structural modal testing, land, sea and air data gathering trials, subsequent assessment and compilation of detailed technical reports.
AT THE COALFACE TASKS / REQUIREMENTS :
To act as a technical interface with customers in the delivery of data analysis tasks or technical work packages, including data gathering trials and assessments, platform integration activities, and structural modal assessment, ensuring delivery to the required quality, timescale and budget.
- Plan, deliver and monitor assigned work packages, making engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority to ensure requirements are delivered to plan.
- Develop test specifications and carry out activities related to vibration, shock and signal analysis in line with all technical and quality standards.
- Carry out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems attributed to shock and vibration, and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Contribute to the development, improvement and maintenance of engineering processes and procedures within the analysis team in response to technical developments and engineering needs.
- Effectively dealing with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently, cross-projects.
- Interaction with the customer community at a high level, maintaining integrity of engineering outputs.
- Acting as a technical consultant to the wider department in the resolution of complex problems, and providing training in areas of expertise.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY:
- Strong technical background in environmental, mechanical or similar discipline.
- Able to work from first principles
- Excellent analysis and presentation skills.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)