South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Up to £0.00 per annum
26 days ago
Our client a leading Energy company are seeking x 2 Environmental Advisors for long-term contract opportunities until at least the end of the year.
Support the clients Transmission Environmental Manager, Environmental Department and Engineering and Construction staff to deliver, monitor and continually improve the company's Environmental Management Systems and practices to obtain and maintain ISO 14001 accreditation. Provide environmental specialist knowledge and advice to internal and external parties for the engineering and construction of energy related projects.
Maintain and improve internal and external Environmental Management Systems to obtain and maintain ISO 14001 accreditation.
Provide support and advice to project and office based staff to achieve compliance with internal and external environmental management systems and industry best practice.
Develop and maintain Environmental Procedures to identify and respond to emerging environmental legislation relevant to activities.
Implement and maintain corporate standards.
Develop and implement new methods, techniques and practices to improve environmental performance.
Manage environmental monitoring and inspection programs to effectively document operational performance, compliance and prepare timely reports required for both internal and external distribution.
Maintain the environmental compliance registers (eg Wastewater, Water Supply, Waste, Planning Conditions, Legislative and Aspects/Impacts).
Support the investigation and reporting of environmental incidents.
Develop and deliver environmental training and awareness initiatives
Monitor and report from construction sites on Environmental performance. Control of contractors. Resolving site issues where possible.
Assist with or prepare waste management plans and other environmental documentation for site activities.
Monitor and report on site waste management activities.
Support the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments either by direct input or managing external consultants
Support engineering and construction teams meet or comply with environmental conditions specified by local planning authorities and other legal/statutory agreements (e.g.
Prepare environmental information to meet annual and ad-hoc reporting requirements
* Work on a portfolio of projects varying from £1 million to £50 million
* Cover projects UK wide and may be requirement for short duration international travel
Skills Knowledge & Experience
* Proven experience of environmental management, including working knowledge of ISO 14001, environmental auditing, and dealing with the environmental regulator, ideally within a commercially focused utility, service or construction business.
* Educated to a degree level in a relevant environmental discipline is essential.
* Environmental Auditing qualification is desirable.
* In-depth knowledge of current and developing environmental legislation is essential.
* Membership of Professional body relevant to this role is desirable.
* Strong influencing and consulting/communication skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Sound planning and analysis skills-anticipate problems and plan solutions.
* Experience of collaboration with contractors.
Special Requirements Qualities
Requirement to undertake short trips away from home
Required Flexibility in working hours to meet the needs of the job
Current valid driving licence
Experience in an Environmental role within an engineering or construction related environment
Computer Literacy & working knowledge of Microsoft Packages
Degree in an environmental discipline