Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
12 months +
Our client Scottish Power are seeking x 2 Environmental Advisers for long-term on-going contracts based in and around Central Scotland.
** Please contact me at or on 01324666888 for further details **
* Maintain and improve internal Environmental Management System to obtain and preserve ISO 14001 accreditation.
* Provide support and advice to project team prior and throughout construction period to achieve compliance with the statutory environmental requirements.
* Sustain and improve Environmental Procedures to identify and respond to emerging environmental legislation relevant to construction activities.
* Provide proactive, specialist guidance and advice regarding environmental controls, constraints and legislation specific to the project.
* Develop and implement new methods, techniques and practices to improve environmental performance.
* Develop an Environmental Management Plan for the project ensuring that the findings of the surveys and any licences are included.
* Liaise directly with regulators/ stakeholders (such as, but not limited to: SNH, RSPB, SEPA, Fisheries Board, Local Authorities) throughout the project.
* Manage environmental monitoring and inspection programs to effectively document operational performance, compliance and prepare timely reports required for both internal and external distribution.
* Support the investigation and reporting of environmental incidents.
* Prepare environmental information to meet annual and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
* Develop and deliver environmental training and awareness initiatives.
* Review Contractors' environmental documentation with particular emphasis on environmental regulations and requirements.
* Assist with or prepare waste management plans and other environmental documentation for site activities.
* Monitor and report on site waste management activities.
* Support the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments either by direct input or managing external consultants.
* Support engineering and construction teams to meet or comply with environmental conditions specified by local planning authorities and other legal/ statutory agreements.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Proven experience of environmental management, including working knowledge of ISO 14001, environmental auditing, and dealing with the environmental regulator, ideally within a commercially focused utility, service or construction business.
* Educated to a degree level in a relevant environmental discipline is essential.
* Environmental Auditing qualification is desirable.
* In-depth knowledge of current and developing environmental legislation is essential.
* Experience, knowledge and good understanding of ecological and hydrological aspects on construction sites
* Membership of Professional body relevant to this role is desirable.
* Strong influencing and consulting/ communication skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Confident speaker.
* Sound planning and analysis skills - anticipate problems and plan solutions.
* Experience of collaboration with contractors.
* Degree in an environmental discipline
* CSCS card or Safety Passport
* ScotishPower Authorisation WI-2
* Current valid driving licence
* 3+ years' Experience in on site Environmental Role within an engineering or construction related environment
* Computer Literacy & working knowledge of Microsoft Packages