Main purpose of role:
Provide environmental assurance and support for work undertaken by LM to ensure that work packages are designed and delivered in accordance with the HS2 environment contract requirements.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide support to the LM environment managers to deliver the HS2 contract requirements relating to environmental management
- Support the supply chain in delivering HS2 contractual requirements
- Identify opportunities for implementing best practice and innovation to achieve cost and programme efficiencies and risk mitigation. Record achievements in best practice case studies
- Provide a main point of contact for project managers for allocated work packages
- Support the environment managers in communications with external stakeholders in relation to HS2 environmental contract requirements, including consent granting bodies
- Undertake assurance in accordance with LM management processes including document control, audit, non-conformance, surveillance inspections and incidents
- In consultation with the project manager and commercial team provide support to suppliers to ensure that PMU and vehicle and plant use data is submitted on time each period
- Provide specialist advice to project managers for allocated work packages in relation to HS2 contract environmental requirements, LM management processes, and any other legal requirements
- Identify requirements and deliver training and awareness briefings to LM colleagues and suppliers
- Uphold and act in accordance with LM values and principles
- Participate in and positively promote the LM 'Making the Right Choice' programme
- Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
- Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
- Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals
Key employee values and principles:
Showing energy, taking pride in role, being sensitive to impact, demonstrating drive, being committed, respecting confidentiality, doing the right thing, being accountable
Valuing and empowering others, making a contribution, considering others' needs and approaches, asking for help, recognising achievements, seeking to listen and understand, explaining decisions, acknowledging environmental impact
Creating a stimulating environment, being open and honest, demonstrating enthusiasm, seeking innovation, being flexible, being curious, providing clear direction, setting new standards, maximising unique opportunity
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Making safety our first consideration, acting fast to mitigate risks, making proactive interventions, taking responsibility for our own and others' health, safety and wellbeing
- Best for project: Am I making best for project decisions? Am I taking best for project actions? Am I putting the project goals above my own company goals? Do I recognise LM success/failure is HS2 success/failure?
- Inclusivity: Have I involved everyone who could add value? Am I utilising the combined strengths of the team? Am I encouraging others' ideas? Am I considering others' perspectives / standing in others' shoes? Are we collaboratively setting milestones?
- People first: Am I looking after my and others' wellbeing? Am I thanking people for their contribution? Am I respecting peoples' personal lives? Am I using technology where possible to aid work life balance? Am I working in a 'safe and well' way? Am I talking first emailing second?
- Jointly seeking solutions: Am I asking for help where I need it? Am I helping others where I can? Am I making others feel comfortable 'not knowing'? Am I avoiding silo working?
Qualifications and training:
- Degree or equivalent in environmental related subjects
- IEMA practitioner or equivalent (or working towards)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Two-five years' experience in construction, project management, or environmental consultancy
- Experience in using GIS and document management systems