South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
12 months +
Our client a leading Energy company are seeking x 2 Environmental Advisors for long-term contract opportunities until at least the end of the year.
This role is based in South Lanarkshire, however the indivdual will be expected to cover the Central and in particular South of Scotland, Dumfries & Galloway.
Support the client's Transmission Environmental Manager, Environmental Department and Engineering and Construction staff to deliver, monitor and continually improve the company's Environmental Management Systems and practices to obtain and maintain ISO 14001 accreditation. Provide environmental specialist knowledge and advice to internal and external parties for the engineering and construction of energy related projects
- Maintain and improve internal Environmental Management System to obtain and preserve ISO 14001 accreditation.
Provide support and advice to project team prior and throughout construction period
- to achieve compliance with the statutory environmental requirements.
- Sustain and improve Environmental Procedures to identify and respond to emerging environmental legislation relevant to construction activities.
- Provide proactive, specialist guidance and advice regarding environmental controls, constraints and legislation specific to the project.
- Develop and implement new methods, techniques and practices to improve environmental performance.
- Develop an Environmental Management Plan for the project ensuring that the findings of the surveys and any licences are included.
- Liaise directly with regulators/ stakeholders (such as, but not limited to: SNH, RSPB, SEPA, Fisheries Board, Local Authorities) throughout the project.
- Manage environmental monitoring and inspection programs to effectively document operational performance, compliance and prepare timely reports required for both internal and external distribution.
- Support the investigation and reporting of environmental incidents.
- Prepare environmental information to meet annual and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Develop and deliver environmental training and awareness initiatives.
- Review Contractors' environmental documentation with particular emphasis on environmental regulations and requirements.
- Assist with or prepare waste management plans and other environmental documentation for site activities.
- Monitor and report on site waste management activities.
- Support the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments either by direct input or managing external consultants.
- Support engineering and construction teams to meet or comply with environmental conditions specified by local planning authorities and other legal/ statutory agreements.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience of environmental management, including working knowledge of ISO 14001, environmental auditing, and dealing with the environmental regulator, ideally within a commercially focused utility, service or construction business.
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant environmental discipline is essential.
- Environmental Auditing qualification is desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of current and developing environmental legislation is essential.
- Experience, knowledge and good understanding of ecological and hydrological aspects on construction sites
- Membership of Professional body relevant to this role is desirable.
- Strong influencing and consulting/ communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Confident speaker.
- Sound planning and analysis skills - anticipate problems and plan solutions.
- Experience of collaboration with contractors.
- Degree in an environmental discipline
- CSCS card or Safety Passport
- Authorisation WI-2
- Current valid driving licence
- 3+ years' Experience in on site Environmental Role within an engineering or construction related environment
- Computer Literacy & working knowledge of Microsoft Packages